Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Fingerprint Calibration

(Topic created on: 03-31-2023 06:10 PM)
kwnkay
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Can someone help me with my phone's fingerprint feature? It says it need fingerprint calibration but I don't how.
5 Comments
pnoy
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Try. Go to settings search biometric then fingerprint delete old fingerprint thenrescan your new fingerprint
0 Likes
Obviou_sly
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Plus one
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hello kwnkay,

Thanks for letting us know about the difficulty on your device that needs to fingerprint calibration.

Firstly, you may need to disable fingerprint settings and register again.

To register a new fingerprint, please follow the step-by-step instructions below.

1. Navigate to Settings, then tap Security and privacy, and then tap Biometrics. Tap Fingerprints.

2. Enter your lock screen credentials. If you do not have a screen lock set up, you may be prompted to create one at this point. When you're ready, read the information, and then tap Continue.

3. Use the on-screen prompts to register your fingerprint. When registering your fingerprint, make sure to fully cover the fingerprint sensor with your finger to prevent strong light from entering the fingerprint sensor. When you're finished, tap Done.

4. Next, make sure that the switch next to Fingerprint unlock is turned on. 

Note: If the fingerprint sensor on your device is located on the Side key or below the Side key, you can disable the "Fingerprint always on" option to prevent accidental unlocks. 

5. To unlock your device using your finger, tap the screen or press the Power key or Side key. Then, place the registered finger on the fingerprint scanner, wherever it's located. The device will automatically unlock if it recognizes your fingerprint.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082563/ 

For more assistance and guidance, you may contact us via our online Samsung Customer Care support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

Let us know if you've found a solution by tapping "Accept as Solution" on the answer you like!

Stay safe and have a nice day ahead! Thanks for contacting Samsung.

0 Likes
ChasWay2024
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

So what happens when you can't even access your fingerprints in the biometrics? This is really inconvenient! Please, if anyone can help me. I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance. My Device = Note 10+.

Screenshot_20231006_063033.jpg

0 Likes
Tratata
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Can't tap fingerprint it says need calibration

0 Likes