Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy A01 gets January 2022 security patch

(Topic created on: 01-15-2022 07:19 AM)
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy A
I can't believe that samsung release faster security updates nowadays. Even some low end phones can get the latest security patch update.

The January security patch update for Galaxy A01 firstly land in Russia for today and it will cover more region in few days, hope it will fix some bugs and improve the stability of the phone.

I don't know when will Galaxy a12 get the latest security patch. Maybe in February or what......just saying

19 Comments
Galaxy A
Great, trust the process and you will get tge update
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Yeah share ko lang 2 devices gamit ko which is A01 at A12, minsan ino observe yung pag deliver ng update sa dalawa😅

Nag improved na si Samsung sa pag deliver ng updates. Minsan di nasusunod yung schedule lalo na kung may emergency fix or vulnerability issues eh nagre release na agad.
CrissCross
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Read an article somewhere, I'm not sure if it's authentic or correct. But models like the A01, A01 Core, and A02 will not get the full 5 years of security updates.

To be fair, I don't see the A01 to last three or more years because of the small 3000 mAh battery, 2GB RAM, and especially the 16GB ones too.
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
This was confirmed, the Security patch update of Galaxy A01 was landed on Russia today and it will arrive in a few days here in PH.

And regarding to software updates and specs, the Galaxy A01 was announced in December 2019 and it was released by January 2020, the device came up with 16GB internal storage and 2GB of RAM shipped with Android 10 (One UI Core 2). The A01 got the Android 11 (One UI Core 3.1) last year and will be getting the Android 12 One UI 4 this year as last major update version of the device. And 3 years of security update support.

And yes, i am using the a01 now and seems the device is in good condition for now coz i bought this last September 2020 and my only problem on this device for now is the battery😅

And yes, all those device that you mentioned will get only 3 years of security patch update (maybe it will be 4 years if we are lucky)
SagaOtaku
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
but Samsung did promise full 4 year security support for all devices that was released in 2019 and besides A01 was released in 2020 so theres no doubt that it will be included in the 4 years security support. my galaxy A10 was released in 2019 and i was expecting 4 years of security patches since it was already received its last major update but still i am looking forward for promised of Samsung 4 full years support. By the way galaxy a10 is already more that 2 years already and its android 11 its last major update and expecting Samsung end support of this device will be by 2023 perhaps there are changes with samsung security policy.
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Yes, samsung promised to us that every phone released in 2019 was enrolled in 4 years security patch update policy.

I see the list of device get the 4 years security patch update policy and sadly Galaxy A01 is not there, maybe samsung forgot to add or it will not truly enroll the a01 on that.

As i see the list earlier, the a10/s/e was enrolled in 4 years security update policy. (you're so lucky about that)

The a10 now gets biannual security updates since the device got its last major update which is android 11.

And as you mentioned on your reply, there will be a chance that your A10 will end support by 2023
SagaOtaku
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
indeed please read my previous reply.

Screenshot_20220116-122439_Chrome.jpg

SagaOtaku
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
here

Screenshot_20220116-121213_Chrome.jpg

CrissCross
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
I check Sammobile's (a trusted Samsung news site) list of eligible devices for 4 years of security updates and every A10 variant will have it. But the A01, A01 Core, A02, and possibly the next A03 are not eligible.
Here's the link: https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/samsung-galaxy-devices-four-years-of-security-updates/

The list will have to change because the A52 and A72 variants are not added yet. But seeing that the A01/Core and A02 was skipped, may suggest that these devices will only get 3.Screenshot_20220116-104642_Chrome_48001_1642301279.jpg