cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

I noticed after android 13 update my battery is draining so fast even not use it

(Topic created on: 12-28-2022 03:51 PM)
Dio0330
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Battery Problem drain fast
0 Likes
7 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hello Dio0330,

Sorry to hear that, about your experience after the recent updates on your Samsung Galaxy phone having issues with fast draining battery and we apologize for the inconvenience it caused you.

Before you try out the recommendations below, be sure to check if your device's software and related apps are updated to the latest version. To update your mobile device's software, follow these steps:

Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.

Step 2. Tap on Download and install.

Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Step 4. Reset your device.

Battery consumption and lifespan varies depending on a number of factors, including the frequency of device use, the number of installed and running apps, operating system errors, and network connectivity. 5G networks may drain the battery faster, but Galaxy phones use advanced AI-based software to efficiently control battery consumption to suit your usage patterns.

You can optimize your phone using the Device care feature to reduce battery consumption by closing unused apps and controlling abnormal battery usage. Follow the steps below.

Step 1. Open Settings, and then select Battery and device care.

Step 2. Tap Optimize nowDevice care automatically optimizes your phone.

The quick optimization feature improves device performance through the following actions.

• Closes apps running in the background.
  • Manages abnormal battery usage.
  • Scans for crashed apps and malware.

You can set the device to perform auto optimization when your device is not in use. Tap More options > Automation > Auto optimize daily and tap the switch to activate it.

The more unused apps there are running in the background, the more power your battery will use. Background usage limits can be set to reduce battery consumption. Follow the steps below.

Step 1. Open Settings and then select Battery and device care.

Step 2. Tap Battery.

Step 3.Tap Background usage limits.

Step 4. Set the app you want to control.

You can choose from the following settings:

• Put unused apps to sleep will automatically put apps to sleep if they have not been used for a while.
  • Sleeping apps allows you to choose the apps that won't run in the background. You can view your current sleeping apps as well.
  • Deep sleeping apps will never run in the background and will only work when you open them.
  • Never sleeping apps allows you to choose which apps will not automatically be set to sleeping mode.

Note: Optimized apps will use less battery, but some background functions will be restricted.

For more Usage Time Optimization, you can click the link below.

Optimization | Galaxy Battery | Samsung Philippines

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/galaxy-battery/optimization/ 

For the meantime, you can also submit an error report through Samsung Members app as follows:

Step 1. Long press Samsung Members icon on Apps screen and tap Error reports.

Step 2. Tap OK on agreement popup to send system log data.

Step 3. Select Symptom category "Power/Battery/Charging".

Step 4. Describe the problem in details and SEND.

How to submit an error report on Samsung Members app? | Samsung PH

For more assistance, you may contact us on our online Samsung support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or contact our Samsung direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

If the problem persists, immediately bring your device to the nearest Samsung Authorized Service Center.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/

Hope this content is helpful and your device's problem gets solved.

0 Likes
PUFFY_AmiYumi
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
if A51 youre using, better turn it off while you sleeping
0 Likes
Christine_S22
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Kahit po sa s22, ganun din. Hahays
0 Likes
pjanina
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
i think this might really be a problem since it just got released. i remember having problems on IOS16 on its first release, but a few bug fixes and minor updates, it got better! let's wait if there'll be new minor updates
0 Likes
Stanley3
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Same on my s21 ultra... Turning off uwb and force stopping it reduces the battery drain from 50% overnite down to 20%...still consumes a lot. I havent encountered this issue for a full year but just after updating to oneui 5. Ive also Factory reset my phone and still the same, wasted my time and effort setting things up again like otp per banking app, etc.
0 Likes
Dio0330
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Yes, after the released android 13 and UI 5, that's the problem battery draining fast even I'm not using my Galaxy A52 5G. Calling the attention SAMSUNG PLEASE SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.
0 Likes
vitorbru
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Same with my S20FE. After the Android 13 update, battery is lasting half of what it used to before the uptade. 

Samsung wants me to send it to Service and Repair... ***.....

0 Likes