cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Issues with not receiving or making calls and text messages/restart phone and it works 1/2 day

(Topic created on: 10-03-2022 09:54 PM)
RetMSGTPete
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

I have 2 Galaxy A12.  About 2 months ago, I started having issues in making calls, receiving calls and text messages.  People who tried to call me are sent straight to voicemail.  Text messages are only receive after I restart my phone.  Also once I restart my phone I can make calls and receive calls then the issues start again.  I have follow all the fix suggestions and nothing seems to work.  I am about to get a different phone from your competitors

6 Comments
Galaxy A
Thank you for reaching. RetMSGTPete, kindly check your Notifications Setting and press Do not disturb, check Exceptions. Check if yiur settings is the same with my settings.Screenshot_20221004-071146_Settings_4032_1664838706.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy A
If all options do not work, the last thing you're gonna do is to backup your data to the cloud and factory reset your phone. Or you could just reset your phone's setting to default without losing any data.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Hi there, if you tried everythinv then the next possible step is to bring it to the nearest Samsung Service Center where they can assess your phone better.
Galaxy A
Any info on any changes before you started observing the issues? New app installed, an update, a fall?
0 Likes
Galaxy A
beke naman globe
0 Likes
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hello RetMSGTPete,

Thank you for letting us know about your Samsung Galaxy A12 having issues with calls and text messages being forwarded to voicemail. 

We truly comprehend what you are going through and are sorry for the inconvenience. 

However, despite attempting all of the suggestions and fixes, the problem persists.

To troubleshoot and figure out what's causing your device's call and text messaging issues, follow these simple steps.

A) First, ensure that your device is up-to-date with the latest Software updates.

Settings > About Phone > Software Updates > Download and Install > Follow On-screen notifications.

B) Check your Call Settings.

• Open the Phone app and click on the three-dot menu.
  • Go to Settings and check Voice call - All outgoing calls, All incoming calls .
  • Disable call forwarding.
  • Reboot your phone and check if the problem is gone.
  • Check each contact's settings. For certain contacts, the option to send incoming calls to voicemail can be turned off.

C) Check the Mobile Network Service Provider.

Call the Mobile Network Service Provider's customer service representative to inquire about your voicemail settings, how to disable them, and signal in your coverage area. 

D) Remove and re-insert SIM Card or Try another SIM Card.

Take out the SIM card and use a different one to test outgoing and receiving calls. 

E) Disable Bluetooth.

Try disabling your Bluetooth connection and check if the problem persists. Turn off your by using the two-finger gesture and swipe down from the top of your phone’s screen. Tap the Bluetooth icon to turn the feature off.

F) For more assistance, you may contact us on our online Samsung support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

G) Or Contact our Samsung direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
84222111 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM)

H) If the problem persists, immediately bring your device to nearest Samsung Authorized Service Center.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/

Hope this content is helpful and your problem gets solved.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/ 

0 Likes