Original topic:

Landscape mode makes touch sometimes unresponsive

(Topic created on: 06-28-2022 03:17 AM)
AntsyAntlers
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

I have a samsung a31

It works absolutely fine in portrait mode but when i switch to landscape. swiping automatically cancels itself. i checked and my taps and swipes would be detected by the sensors but would not register as such. 

This happens on every app, even the home screen so its not an app problem. 

Everything works fine in portrait mode and the sensors still detect my fingers in landscape so its not a hardware problem.

Pls help i can play any of my games because it always screws up my aim to the point where any game where i need to swipe for 0.1 seconds in unplayable.

pls help

7 Comments
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Try restarting your phone.
0 Likes
AntsyAntlers
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
did do. didnt work
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Try going into Safe mode.
0 Likes
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, AntsyAntlers!

Thanks for asking your question here! You can check if the Magnification gestures option in the Accessibility setting is turned on. If the Magnification gestures option is turned on, the whole touch response can be slower on your device because of the time margin required for the operation of triple touching. You can try turning it off by accessing this how-to article: https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/mobile-devices/what-to-do-when-touch-screen-is-not-responding-wel...

If the Magnification gestures option is turned off, you can try optimizing your device. Optimizing your device can not only increase your battery life but can also improve performance by scanning wasted storage space and other issues that might be related to your problem. For more information on how to optimize your device, you can check this website: https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/galaxy-battery/optimization/

AntsyAntlers
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
after following the article managed to put an app thats causing the problem to sleep and now all i have to do is find the app and remove it.

thank you mam/sir
chals
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Your answer is not helpful, it's all useless if you think that you can fool everyone with your messages, instead of helping us, you're driving your customers crazy.
0 Likes
Gabrielhere
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
I have the same problem but any of these won't works please help I have galaxy A31 I'm not able to play cause if it's landscape screen won't work properly
0 Likes