Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Music Widget keeps showing in One UI 3.1

(Topic created on: 05-05-2021 08:07 PM)
kalvs
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Can someone from Samsung here or any Samsung users here? Like how to fix this Music Player because it keeps showing after i stop playing and close my music app like Spotify

5 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hey there again, Kalvs! With regards to your concern, you may try the following:

Method 1: Disable the Persistent Expanded Controls

Swipe down twice from the top of your screen to show the expanded Quick Settings. Here, swipe the media controls left or right, then tap the gear icon this exposes. A new screen will appear. Here, enable the switch next to "Hide player when the media session has ended" and tap the back arrow in the top-left corner. Now, when you dismiss the media controls from the mini Quick Settings view, they will also be dismissed from the expanded Quick Settings. Additionally, when your media session is completed (for example, at the end of your playlist or podcast), the player will close out of both locations.

Method 2: Force Stop the Music Player for a 1-Time Fix

But you may not want to change the default behavior since being able to easily resume a playlist after it's been paused for a while is the whole point of this new feature. So we have a second method for you that would work best if you just want to get rid the embarrassing remnants of a recent media session.

So open the Overview menu using the multitasking gesture  or the recent apps button, then scroll horizontally until you find the offending music player app. Tap the icon at the top of its card and choose "App Info." Select "Force Stop" from this menu, which will remove the media controls from both Quick Settings views.

Hope this helps! Thank you and stay safe!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
kalvs
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
The first one i try it but there is no Gear icon of it
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

You may also opt to try this one out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juKQxTU4j6Q

Hit us with an update should you resolve the issue. Thank you!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
kalvs
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Ok, i found out the first method will not work in One UI 3 and sadly, many says that Samsung remove the Gear icon on how to turn off the media controls when the session is ended.
0 Likes
itsmeian
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I also have the same problem but I don't mind that seriously.
0 Likes