cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

My Major Flaw in Samsung phones (No app lock feature)

(Topic created on: 08-06-2023 05:22 PM)
Amirelia
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
I'm really concerned that this device does not have a basic app lock feature.... i like the camera and the large storage space it has but it doesn't have an app lock feature, which i wish i should've thought of before getting a samsung and now I'm regretting getting one. 

I thought every brand of phone has a defualt app lock feature. And Boy am I wrong. 
Out of all the possible phone brands that does now have this basic feature is samsung? 

Of course there is the secure folder but it's still useless 😒. It just makes an empty copy of apps and thats it.... it does not really lock your apps.... which is... very unpleasant.

I tried downloading apps but it's still not secure enough. Like a lot of apps DOES lock your chosen applications but sometimes, they do a little sneakpeak of what you were doing in the app before their screen lock appears... furthermore, even when the app is locked automatically after you exited it, it still allows you to see your previous activities in the overview screen which is not really secure right? It's a breech of your privacy. 
0 Likes
10 Comments
Galaxy A
secure folder uses knox ensuring secirity and privacy that alone is why my buy in for samsung
0 Likes
pham_hni
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
There is an applock built in to samsung devices. Though they're only available in some countries. For the sake, I tried it myself and I will say it **bleep**. It will only ask you for the password ONCE, then never again unless you turn your phone off.
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Samsung being Samsung, making features exclusive to some countries when we also pay the same price for their phones here in PH.

They should reduce the price of their phones here in PH cause some features isn't available here 🤣
0 Likes
pham_hni
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
Wanna see me use applock in my phone? I'm rooted by the way so some typings here and there can change 1 thing lol. That's why I tested applock
0 Likes
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Dämn, I wish I had the courage to root my phone too, but I'm scared to brick my phone. If only I can root my phone, I will probably have access to all features restricted by Samsung.
0 Likes
pham_hni
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
Yeah, root empowers. I've got 60 fps camera on my a51 even though it isn't capable of it
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Can you share your specific use case? I use the screen lock and that secures the phone when I put it down.
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hello Amirelia,

I really appreciate the feedback you are sharing with us here. Thanks for your suggestions and appreciate the time and effort you put in to share your valuable comments. This helps us improve our products, apps, and services towards enhancing the Samsung Galaxy experience for all.

In order for Samsung Developers Team to act on your suggestions, you may please submit a report through the Samsung Members app as follows:

Step 1. Long press Samsung Members icon on Apps screen and tap Error reports.

Step 2. Tap OK on agreement popup to send system log data.

Step 3. Select Symptom category "Settings/System".

Step 4. Describe the problem in details and SEND.

0 Likes
seojunssi
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
There's no applock because 99% of people don't use it. Also, secure folder is beyond what an applock do. It's very secure.
0 Likes