Original topic:

My phones screen is not working after software update

(Topic created on: 05-21-2024 09:55 PM)
jivie
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
So I got my phone screen fixxed last year around Christmas and now ever since I just got the new software update 6.1, my screen isn't working, sometimes it does that before this update and I'd just restart my phone, but after this update nothing seems to be working. is there any way to go back to the old software version where screen worked???
6 Comments
Galaxy A
Did you get it replaced from Samsung?
There are unofficial ways by which you can go back to a previous software version. But I don't think that's the reason and these unofficial methods could actually brick your device.
jivie
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
No, I didn't get it replaced from samsung, but are there samsung stores I can go to that I could get it fixed at because I've never seen a samsung store are there other stores that fix it properly like samsung or only samsung.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
It also depends on the part the used, non genuine parts would draw in different current. With a software update it could glitch and end up broken. Your best best would be to take it to a Samsung authorised service centre.
jivie
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thank you alot and wish you the best, also would it cost much to get them to fix it
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Have you spoken to the store that replaced it?
I think that should be the first place to speak with, particularly since you had issues after replacing it.
jivie
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
No I haven't because I thought it would only be a slight issue and not stop working after this update so I never really thought of bothering them ever again
0 Likes