Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One UI Core 4.1 upgrade for Galaxy A03 (SM-A035F) removed CameraX extensions

(Topic created on: 09-14-2022 02:46 AM)
Iver1
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Quick context, here's an explanation of what CameraX is.https://developer.android.com/training/camerax

The old Android 11 firmware for Galaxy A03 supported Camera X extensions. I lost the screenshots but according to the CameraX app but it supported some CameraX extensions.

Now when I upgraded to One UI Core 4.1, the phone no longer supported any CameraX extension. Supporting those extensions are strongly recommended by the Android Compatibility Definition Document.

CameraX extensions support on One UI Core 4.1

The phone hardware supportsALL extensions listed on the above screenshot, and the stock Camera can do these features as well. In my observation, if Samsung properly supported CameraX on this device, all the cross marks you see on the page should be check marks. Because,BOTH the front and back camera supports Auto, Bokeh, HDR, Night mode, and Face retouching on the stock Camera app. IDK if CameraX includes this, but Food capturing is supported as well (on the rear camera only).

There's no reason for Samsung to remove support for these extensions. I'm on build A035FXXU2BVH6. Hopefully Samsung will fix this in a later update.
0 Likes
7 Comments
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Anong app po gamit mo? Balak ko rin sana i check kung may tinanggal si Samsung sa Galaxy A12
0 Likes
Iver1
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
"CameraX Info"
ni Zachary WanderScreenshot_20220914-090106_Google Play Store_60237_1663117266.png
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Oii hala na download ko na yung app, same result din sa Galaxy A12Screenshot_20220914-174557_CameraX Info.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Quick question, was your experience in using the stock camera degraded when you upgraded to One UI Core 4.1?
Iver1
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
No, there seems to be no change in stock camera quality.
0 Likes
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Thank you Iver1, for your insights and suggestions, featuring the Samsung Galaxy A03 Camera but due to some hardware limitations; compatibility issues may arise.

But don't you worry, Samsung, the leading technology company is looking forward to enhance more of your experience. So, continue to share more of your Samsung Galaxy device experience, suggestions, and comments here.

Iver1
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
May I know why the stock camera is capable of taking those shots but can't expose these functionalities to third party apps via CameraX?
0 Likes