Original topic:

Samsung A50S not charging and slow charging anyone?

(Topic created on: 03-01-2020 09:21 PM)
JyongC
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Recently my phone suddenly stops charging despite the cables being fine and trying different cables (including original). After I saw someone online trying to fix it by changing the internal cables... I tried knocking the back of my phone with my knuckles (top part where it overhears recently) and it starts charging again! 

However I need to change it to medium power saving mode in order to charge more efficiently or else it drains even while charging. Anyone seems to have this problem also and pls give advice! (Is this under warranty as it suddenly happen out of nowhere?)
5 Comments
ZYYL
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
I think best to take to service centre ask them check. If your phone is still under warranty, this should be covered (not sure tho).

The problem should be hardware since you said knocking your phone can get your phone charging again. Might be a loose connector or something.
0 Likes
musz
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
i noticed charging speed is getting lower now.
0 Likes
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A
Normally charging is stopped or freezes is when either internal battery or adapter/ power bank overheats. This happens especially when the phone is being used during charging process. I noticed this on my powerbank which supports QC3.0 PD charge, when charging is abruptly stopped, and expected time to complete display disappears. Immediate action is to cool down the power bank by blowing it with cool air😅.
Not sure whether this condition is similar to you or not however.

Stay safe👌

0 Likes
Jeremiah9534
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
A lot of people seem to have this problem after Android 10 update. I think the software is still buggy and making your phone overheat hence why it stopped charging to protect your phone.
0 Likes
Sy3ney
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
if your phone still under warranty, may go to center for checking.
0 Likes