Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A71 charging problem

(Topic created on: 12-03-2020 03:13 AM)
Kloylbrdr
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Recently, I had a problem with my A71 charger. My phone wouldn't charge using its own charger. I've tried other charger and it worked fine on my phone. I tried charging my mom's phone with my charger and it worked on her's. I tried asking thru the livechat support of samsung and their solution, which is to reset app preference and reset settings, worked. My phone is detecting my charger now but I noticed it got stucked on 73% and I tried restarting, unplugging and plugging it back but now I've noticed instead of charging, it's draining my phone :( Hope you guys can help me. Thanks a lot
9 Comments
MJReyes20
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Had the same problem. Turn off the Fast Charging option in the battery settings in the meantime. Charge your phone this way for a few days, then try to turn on the fast charging option again and see if the original charger will charge it back to the normal super fast charging setting. For mine, it took a few weeks before I remembered to turn on the fast charging option again, and once I did, everything was fine again. I notice this problem on every Galaxy phone that I had, good thing that it seems that samsung phones auto repair themselves 😅
Closeshell
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I've tried turning off the fast charging option but its not working 🥺
0 Likes
MJReyes20
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
let the super fast charging feature rest first. it's a known issue across galaxy devices, probably due to the super heat that it produces to the phone 😅 i believe our phones need some time to heal too, so just let it be cable charging for the meantime then try to go back to switching on to fast charging again after a few days. if it still isnt super fast charging, then u might need to bring it to the service center already, if ure not patient enough. 😅
0 Likes
Closeshell
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
it is not charging even if I have turned it off already 😞 should I use different charger for a while?
0 Likes
MJReyes20
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
had that issue too early on. try rotating the charger head, that's what i did and luckily got it to charge at a specific angle. took a few weeks before it went back to normal
0 Likes
MJReyes20
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
if nothing works, then u might really need to use a different charger for a while. i used a powerbank mostly since i have no one to borrow a type c charger that time 🤣
0 Likes
Closeshell
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
how many days did you use power bank? and how many days after the charger worked again? I have seeked help thru libe chat. He asked to reset my phone, still, it did not work.
0 Likes
Closeshell
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
so okay, my phone is charging now HAHA thanks for your help anyway! God bless
0 Likes
Kloylbrdr
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thanks! I'll definitely try this. Hope it works 😊
0 Likes