Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Screen Recording Feature + Emojis

(Topic created on: 03-17-2023 10:44 PM)
allanaaaaa
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
how i wish that samsung can roll out the updates available to the newer models to their recent models too. don't get me wrong, i know that that's just also a marketing startegy, but i wish the recent phones can still receive major software update, such as in the oneui and other features such as screen recording. i was kinda sad and disappointed upon finding out that galaxy a31 was not included with the new android 13 update. come on samsung, i know you're better than this. i genuinely hope that the updates will be more like apple to their iphones, even those old models can receive the updates (though it still depends on the user). i just think that this will make the brand more appealing to the market if they do it this way. i love samsung so much and i think this is the only downside of the brand. still, i'll be loyal to samsung! for liferz ❤️

7 Comments
Cefiro
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Hi. I have an A30, and this model doesn't have the "Screen Recording" feature.too. I had a Note20-Ultra too, which I determined could not handle the software update (One UI5.O/Android 13) fed on it and this damaged its screen with vertical greenlines started to appear. Consequently I complained to Samsung that they should study carefully the update software that they give to older phone. Samsung was silent. Again, I determined by myself, that the chipsset running my Note20-Ultra may not be capable/adequate to run the software update.

The lesson here: Be satisfied with your still working condition A31. Do not let it run difficult task that may force you to buy new model. You know, Samsung would LOVE 🥰 that.
allanaaaaa
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
noted, thank you!
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
My A12 doesn't have Screen Recording, because of the One UI Core. It's a lightweight version of One UI with less features. Your phone couldn't get the Android 13 update because it ran on Android 10 and only has 2 OS updates. My phone however, got the Android 13 update because I got the Nacho version of A12 which is running Android 11 and also has 2 OS updates.
0 Likes
allanaaaaa
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
wow, the 2 OS updates explains it. thank you!
0 Likes
pjanina
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
I recently had an A32 and i was shocked that they really don't have screenrecording considering that they are mid-range devices. i also noticed that some updates on ONE UI 5.1 are not compatible to other devices like the automatic cut-out on photos and such things, it just stinks since other devices are maybe just a year older and they are still left behind.
allanaaaaa
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
exactly my point, but i've also found out that android 10 devices are only capable of 2 os updates and so on. a bit sad, but yeah, we can't really do anything unless we buy the newer models.
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hello allanaaaaa,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and suggestions here to include the screen recording feature and emojis on your beloved Samsung Galaxy A31. 

Your device was released in April 2020 with Android 10 and later received the Android 11 and Android 12 updates.

Samsung releases monthly, quarterly, and biannual firmware security updates on selected Samsung devices.

Select devices launched in 2019 or later will be supported with firmware security updates for a minimum of four (4) years following their global launch, while select newer devices will receive up to five (5) years of security updates.

I appreciate the time and effort you put into sharing your valuable comments here.

Monthly, quarterly, and biannual firmware security updates will include patches for Android OS- related security issues released by Google, as well as patches for Samsung-specific security issues.

0 Likes