We thank you for your feedback and comments. And I know how you feel regarding your assumption of expecting secure folder in the new Android updates for your Samsung Galaxy A12 device, but to no avail.
But Samsung Galaxy A12 is included in the list of Samsung Phones that may not support Secure Folder.
Let us know more in your next reply about your experience with the new features and functionalities of the new software updates.
Thank you for bringing up here your issues with your Samsung Galaxy device fingerprint sensor after an update.
I understand what you are feeling right now, but don't you worry. I will guide you below steps to restore your device fingerprint recognition functionalities as usual.
But before that, please find below more information and importance of fingerprint recognition delivered to your Samsung Galaxy device to enhance your user experience.
Samsung One UI 4.1 Fingerprint recognition is one of the very important features of Samsung smartphones. It is necessary for you to keep registered and update your fingerprint information on your device.
Samsung has made a lot of improvement in the field of fingerprint recognition, and regular updates to its One UI ecosystem and the biometric recognizing sensors make it outstanding.
Below are the steps to Register and Add Fingerprints.
- Open Settings.
- Tap on Biometrics and security.
- Jump on the Fingerprints.
- Move forward to set a screen lock method.
- Place your fingers on the recognition sensor provided at the bottom middle of the display, or at the home button.
- After the device detects your fingerprint, uplift your thumb, or selective finger again until the sensor recognizes the impression fully. (You are eligible to register multiple thumbs and fingerprints; this is to ensure that you have a secondary registered fingerprint in case of injury/other impediments.
- When you finish registering, tap on done.
You can immediately check the fingerprint, by clicking on Check added fingerprints.
Also, please check out below tips on how to do for better fingerprint recognition.
- Check your thumb or finger whether they are clean and free from dead skin tissues.
- The scanner might not respond to small or thin fingers.
- Use the finger on the scanner, by which you often perform tasks on your smartphone.
- Make sure your fingerprint detection area is clean and scratch-free (do not keep coins and other scratchy things in your phone pocket).
- Do not bend or keep your fingertip on the unlock scanner; instead rest whole your finger or thumb on it.
Hope you find this content useful and let us know if you have further comments in your next reply.