Original topic:

WhatsApp blur photos

(Topic created on: 02-25-2020 02:17 AM)
Elchin
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
The camera works fine. It captures clear shots from my A50s... But when I send it in WhatsApp the photos become very pixelated. It is eery obvious u can see the pixels and its unhelpful especially wen I want to send slides notes to my friends. My friend has an A50 but he has no issues with sending me fine shots in WhatsApp. I wonder how to solve it? Could it be a software issue? 

Above is the photo I shot from my A50s...

And below is the shot sent to my friend through WhatsApp. 

Notice how pixelated the shot is.... 

Anyone face the same issue? 
13 Comments
milonrajbari
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Hi
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
same happens with my a50 too..When i capture a screenshot and try to share on whatsapp its quality is reduced..I think its because whatsapp compresses images videos quality and resolutions...As an example...If u send an original 25MB video through whatsapp it becomes around 8MB when the recepient receives it...Same with images because it compresses resolutions down so when zoomed its blur..and very before sending images are in poor quality which are ready to share..I think it is pretty normal here although it's not pretty to us 😓😪🤣😁
0 Likes
Sy3ney
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
Normal. You need to send as/select as *document* option instead of *picture* option. With these, the quality preserved.
0 Likes
SamMember
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
sent image as documents
0 Likes
imanoob
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
this is normal WhatsApp automatically decrease the size of the picture and no, if anyone sends a picture via WhatsApp it will be blurred/pixelated
0 Likes
ZYYL
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Whatsapp will compress pictures sent as pictures through gallery to save space (if not you will see that you've ran out of memory very very soon).

To tackle it, you have to send the image as document. Whatsapp chatbox>Pin symbol>Document>Browse other docs>Image>Have fun searching for it 🙃
0 Likes
Elchin
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thank you for your replies and suggestion... I am well aware that WhatsApp WILL compress photos and make them to a lower quality. What I am trying to say is that the quality is really really bad. As I compare it side by side to my friends phone.

My point is that I'm trying to figure out whether it's my phone problem or it is the same case with other A50s.

I will send a few examples below... See if u can spot the difference.
0 Likes
Elchin
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Left : photo after sent in whatsapp

Right : photo from camera
0 Likes
Elchin
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
It's annoying because even the compression in this Samsung app has better quality as compared to the compression in whatsapp 😅😭🤔 anyone has the same issue here?