Original topic:

Adaptive Brightness Missing and Replace with Outdoor Mode Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 12-25-2021 05:40 AM)
sitinorsyazana
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

Hello. Recently i just noticed my adaptive brightness function got replace with outdoor mode. It is very frustating since i have to manually adjust the display brightness. Anyone share the same issue? Please show me how to get the adaptive brigtness function again?

Note: I already clear storage data at device health service but still not solving the issue.

Screenshot_20211225-053950_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20211225-052902_Settings.jpg

9 Comments
mim9091
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
After nov update?Screenshot_20211225-153129_One UI Home_71142_1640417490.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

I noticed the adaptive brightness function missing once i change my phone LCD screen (damage due to water) on last december

0 Likes
KJ26
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Have you sideloaded any apps before this happened or did this happened after some updates (of your phone/apps)?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

I noticed the adaptive brightness function missing once i change my phone LCD screen (damage due to drop inside water) on last december

0 Likes
KJ26
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Imo, the missing adaptive brightness function is a software issue so the replacement of your LCD which is a hardware should not have anything to do with it going missing.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Can screen shot and show this image.
Go to your dialer and type
*#1234#

0 Likes
Galaxy Note

Screenshot_20220118-195717_DeviceKeystring.jpg

0 Likes
AjiChris
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Hello All

I received my phone after screen replacement and the adaptive brightness is missing. I updated the software to recent version still no change. 

Any updates on this issue. 

0 Likes
autowelder
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Same issue. Adaptive brightness was an issue on my phone, narrowed it down to the sensor. 

Purchased a new one from Ifix it, replaced and option is now gone.

Could be wrong, but since I did the work myself, and can verify no updates of any kind between powering off to replace (was these at that time) and powering on to test (now gone).... looks like they are pulling the OEM repair junk to keep options.  

0 Likes