Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Advertising on weather app

(Topic created on: 04-25-2021 01:26 PM)
jeraphin
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello I have the galaxy note 9 and woke up today to find huge ads plastered at the top of my weather app. How do I remove these? I can't believe there's ads there in the first place. 
Thanks in advance for your help
3lions
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Try this.. all my ads gone now.
Use AdGuard private DNS ... Settings ... Connections ...More ... for "Private DNS" enter:
dns.adguard.com
... that will take care of ads system wide for all apps on the phone (including browsers) . Restart phone.
Trancer
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Thanks again 3lions, it worked but I am still pretty pissed at Samsung for even doing what they done. I don't use my phone for browsing the Web much or very little so might just uninstall the stock weather app and roll with another app I think I bought a few years back. Thanks for all time and efforts 👍
3lions
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I agree, I've always used Huawei phones. This is my first Samsung & I'm not impressed either. The amount of ads is just so annoying. Not impressed with Samsung either. Thankyou for your help also with the accidental touch problem I had.
Trancer
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
3lions, your prev suggestion did work. I had thought you meant putting that dns address into the Adguard app which I since have in installed. Thanks again heaps for sharing your thoughts 🙏
3lions
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
You're welcome
0 Likes
MarkoMarky
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hey, just wanted to say thanks. I did this and I no longer have the adverts. Still angry at Samsung and will be looking at other brands when I upgrade unless they stop this practice. A shame, great hardware, I love OneUI, but unfortunately some suits upstairs ruining the whole experience with trying to make a quick buck from the very people who supported them. Thanks again!
3lions
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Aww Thankyou.
You're very welcome, I completely agree, It's certainly annoying and as a result, I'm looking to buy a new phone. My first & last Samsung I'm afraid.
I'm glad this helped you. :)
MarkoMarky
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Yes, this is on mine too. Samsungs direction with pushing adverts in all of their stock apps is turning me off the brand, and unless they change direction soon I will be considering a different brand. A shame, I have been with Samsung since S3, but they are fast loosing my loyalty with these forced adverts. I actually hate the brands Jeep and Volvo now because of these adverts... so they are not very effective! Please Samsung, enough!

Screenshot_20210427-095310_Weather.jpg

Screenshot_20210427-100849_Weather.jpg

MarkoMarky
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
JUST STOP IT SAMSUNG. I DO NOT WANT ADVERTS IN MY WEATHER APP! ESPECIALLY STREAMING SERVICE ADVERTS FULL OF WOMEN. JUST REALLY STARTING TO P#!$ ME OFF NOW!Years of loyalty to the brand, and all I am to you is another advertising revenue consumer. I bought this phone for its hardware and features, not its ability to ram adverts down my throat. Please, listen to your consumers, listen to your fans. Enough!

Screenshot_20210427-161939_Weather.jpg

MarkoMarky
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I gave feedback about the pushing of adverts in the weather app. I got a reply telling me they are sorry to hear I am getting adverts in the weather widget and they really care... and then told me how to soft reset my phone to fix any app performance issues. Yep... they don't care. The opinion of those that supported them to be who they are today does not matter to them. They won't read our comments here or respond. Get used to seeing more and more forced in app adverts from Samsung. Put up with it, or change brands. Some pretty good alternatives out there these days. Depressing, but might have to make a switch. Sigh. Just bummed.. I really really liked Samsung phones. :(
0 Likes