Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

GALAXY NOTE 8 BATTERY PROBLEM

(Topic created on: 09-19-2021 02:07 AM)
AzrilRizal
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello dear Samsung users especially to the Galaxy Note 8 loyal users. I've problem with my Note 8 battery. It drains faster when the percentage below 50%. I've run diagnostic test on my battery and my battery life is Good. I'm so confused right. Can anybody help me? 
7 Comments
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
On average, how long your N8 could last on a single charge?
0 Likes
AzrilRizal
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Actually, I'm a moderate user of my phone. My phone usually last more than 12 hours when fully charged. However, I begin to notice that my battery drains even faster when my battery is below 50% although I rarely use my phone. My battery life is normal from 50-100% charge. I've try to turn off data to save my battery when it below 50 but seems like nothing happen. I also use Medium Power Saving mode.
0 Likes
AzrilRizal
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
When 100% charged, my phone screentime can reach around 3.5 hours to 4.5 hours. I've try to clear my cache, use battery app which I downloaded from Play Store, turn off Always On Display, use dark mode and a lot of other steps to prolong my battery, but the below 50% battery drain problem will come back again.
0 Likes
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
If I look at your phone age, personally I think this is normal, considering wear and tear of the battery. I have an S6+ which is still using its original battery and its behaviour is similar to yours.
Worth to note that battery characteristics behaves differently compared to each other, ie maybe for other phone it drops faster from 100 to 50 and a bit stable from 50 till depleted, and vice versa.

Overall, you still have a good battery, maybe at 80٪ efficiency, as it still able to standby for 12 hours with around 4.5 hours of screentime.👍🏻
0 Likes
AzrilRizal
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
🙂Yeah I think you are right. My phone is 4 years old since its launch in 2017. Besides, Note 8 battery capacity is only 3300 mah. It's too small for a large screen phone.
Solution
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
My daily driver now is Note 10, and am lovin it. Still have its companion S6 wherever I go, only for Waze application most of the time😅.
Anyway, if you feel above explanation helps, aprreciate if you could accept the solution by clicking the 3 dots.
Have a great weekend!
0 Likes
AzrilRizal
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Anyway, thanks for your comment. 🤗