Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Green line appears after updates

(Topic created on: 07-25-2022 05:28 PM)
Afie_Ahmat
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi may I know what happen to my phone after updating software then the green line appeared.  I already tried some of the users suggesting but to no results.  I can't afford for LCD replacement as my screen got no dents or damage. Please help me..
0 Likes
flamingwoods
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Yes i also got the green line which is dead pixels. And i heard from retailers that there are screen problems for S20+.

Samsung hotline crew has said this will soon spread to rest of screen and screen will go dead sooner or later... please back up your data bro and standby another handset just in case
0 Likes
JessieJ90
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I have the same issue with S20+. Samsung customer service evaluated my phone and get the screen repaired within a day.
0 Likes
flamingwoods
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Where? Singapore?
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
https://www.sammyfans.com/2022/07/12/samsung-is-repairing-galaxy-s20-line-on-display-issue-for-free-...

As shared by one of the members (Aravind) here, Samsung India seems to be replacing at no cost for S20+ users from the period of 11th July to 31st December 2022.
AlvinBoy
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Well samsung this time round screw things up...due to crack screen.. required me to pay for it before proceed with their evaluation on the green screen..not gonna support them anymore
0 Likes
AlvinBoy
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Green line
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hope that those who have managed to get their S20 series displays replaced, can share with the users here. 😊
0 Likes
flamingwoods
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hey JP, i just got a notification that there is a new software update dated 1st July. What do you think please?
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
I think u may try.. but I doubt the software update will improve the situation.. and probably have more lines showing up.
0 Likes
flamingwoods
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
I don't wish to worsen it hence i don't wanna risk it either... i did at least 3 software updates within last 2 months and i thought it was very odd that it was too frequent
0 Likes