Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Green Lines after update

(Topic created on: 01-12-2023 01:18 PM)
kamalayan
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
There seem to be a lot of issues surrounding units getting green lines for Notes or amoled burns after update (among other issues). This rattles my confidence in samsung flagship devices so I sought to have my Note20ultra traded under the Samsung trade in promo, however, looking at the S22 ultra, it seems that there are also reports of green screens and other horror stories after updating the software. 
People seem to be suggesting to have it fixed as if it is just a pill to take, but the reality of it all, is that it is only free for within warranty units and most would be subjected to paying for pricey repairs. 
I like the samsung software but this seem to be the one killing the hardware and i can only conclude that this is intentional as many are experiencing the green lines and green screen issues.
I like upgrading units but not because the previous unit died or broke, Samsung could have at least acknowledge this issue given that many are reporting it and offer a fix specially this is happening to flagship buyers. 
Well, they wont and thats not a good thing. 
So i guess im just writing to express my opinion, a review of sort and maybe others could also chime in their positive or negative experiences.

But this here for now, and Im scouting for other brands.

17 Comments
Jon_24
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
same sentiments, this is so frustrating.
10k+ to fix the issue, which is clearly a product defect is not acceptable.
Does anyone had their unit fixed for free even after warranty?
0 Likes
kamalayan
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Have seen posts saying they've had theirs fixed at no cost pero baka mga shillers lang ng Samsung yan trying to control the narrative and mask the issue with some positivity. At this point, I have no confidence and do not trust the brand.

Para sa kumpyansa, best not to update, kahit security patch.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
its how we knock to the right people or persons, its how rebutals won in the end its again interactions of peoples
0 Likes
kamalayan
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I wish you luck in that endeavor and that ideal is commendable but when you look at its application to the scenario, in this case update causing green lines, where users suffer the fate of replacing the screen of a flagship unit at a cost, that ideal you posted deflects on the issue and tarnishes the user experience. Sort of, i didnt buy a flagship to rally up on the manufacturer for issues their update created? That sort of thing.
And if you google it up, its not just a particular model affected, similar instances occur in other samsung models, worst, flagships. Some accountability would have gone the distance, but no.
They even took the opportunity to sell their shelfed items. And thats not good experience for me, so I switched.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
from the # of affected users its definite on a manufacturing issue, possible due pre-pandemic but sakin lang samsung did address this specially here in ph compared to other countries. Since 2021 i seen other s20 users alike hit with green lines/ white screen issue that was fixed by samsung, you will be surprised there are some users with due diligence and their rebutals was able to achieve the repair with out any cost, but there are gates to meet, to ensure samsung will give its yes most of the time getting a no primarily a user fault, yes people are people they are blaming said issue bit other hand there was induced water damage or their device was open by 3rd party repair.
This is just my perspective as a samsung user.
kamalayan
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Understood and I hope this gets picked up by those who have been affected by the issue. Personally, i havent its just that my confidence with the product and the company is the one i concern others with. Hopefully this is not something that you also get to experience.
Galaxy Note
the white screen green tint issue i was affected twice aug 2021 abs sept 2022
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
agreed much better those who are affected use this platform to send the report so samsung can see the numbers and thus gives visibility and give proper action.
0 Likes