Original topic:

Note 20 Green Tint issues

(Topic created on: 09-10-2022 07:32 PM)
najwahudaa
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi guys, apparently my Samsung Galaxy Note20 is having a green tint flickering issue on its display ever since the last software update in August 2022. I have tried all possible solutions to no avail and my warranty has expired last March. I have only been using this phone for 1 year and 6 months and it's already giving me a headache. 

Did some research and apparently Samsung is infamous with its green tint issue. If I really have to pay money to fix a problem that is not caused by me, I swear that I'll be switching to iPhone soon. Samsung is such a disappointment.

Update 11/09: Went to Samsung Service Centre and was told that quick solution would be to change the display which would costs me RM777. When I asked what's the root cause, they couldn't answer me. In other words, I'd have to fork out money to pay for something that not even Samsung knows what's going on. The staff also informed me that it is a pertinent issue amongst Samsung user. They suggested me to email the CEO for further action, which I did. Now pending reply. Anyway, I think that I have made up my mind, will be switching to other brand because it seems clear that Samsung's phones are of low quality.
12 Comments
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Hi.
I believe it's a good idea if you pay a visit to the nearest service centre. There are similar cases like yours and in the end, replacement of a new display is absorbed fully free of charge.
All the best.
najwahudaa
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I hope that's the case though. I did enquire through the live chat and was told that I'd be required to pay for the screen replacement. Tomorrow I'll be going to the service centre and see how it goes, hoping for the best.

Genuinely disappointed with Samsung quality...
GalaxyNoteFit
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Use under Sun or Light for long time will be damage the screen display.
0 Likes
Luqmanakim
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note

Sadly they seem to not have fixed this which is infamous since the Note 9. however the note 9 did have a free replacement program which I myself applied for, the only eligibility requirement is that the phone be free of any dents or scratches. Hope for the best for your case. 

0 Likes
najwahudaa
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Exactly... the fact that this issue still persists since Note 9 model truly reflects Samsung's quality. Hoping for the best too but in worst case event, I'd rather switch to Apple 😓😓
0 Likes
Ekbp
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Latest Android 12 One UI4.1 damage my Note 10+ display. Turn yellowish and unable to fix. Samsung is hopeless unable to provide solutions.
0 Likes
Elven89
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Any updates? I just got this green line appearing on my screen this morning all of the sudden.
0 Likes
najwahudaa
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Hi went to the Service Centre and they say worst case event, I'd have to pay. Then Samsung called me said the same thing. I asked them if its proven that the tint is caused by their faulty software, do I still have to pay and they said yes!!!!! Shocking right????

They said since the device is out of warranty, everything would be borne by the customers irregardless of the cause lmao. I'm switching to Apple btw, disappointed with Samsung so called flagship quality
Luqmanakim
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note

Unfortunate but I do see your point, do switch and exert ur rights as a consumer. Samsung should be more responsible of their after-sales services. They promise software updates for 3-4 years but their hardware can't even last that long.

It is disappointing that Samsung is not taking care of their customers better than this unlike during the Note9 green screen-gate.

Hope that Samsung learns from this. Yes their displays are often the highest quality but realiability wise they're really bad.

0 Likes