Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra 5G Dark Screen after firmware update (25th Oct 2021)

(Topic created on: 10-28-2021 01:02 PM)
ototo
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note

My N20U was receiving firmware update on 25th Oct 2021 afternoon, somehow after download the firmware I only install at the evening.

Upon that period of updating, I just leave my phone for itself update and charging.

After an hour later, its completed the update.

then I was browsing around the web as usual, suddenly my phone screen turn black out.

As before this, I did heard a lots of user complaining about N20U screen death issue after the firmware upgrade.

As my phone was in vibrate mode (I set routine when home), I can feel the vibration when plug in charger.

Also I try to call in its receive the call but unable to answer as the screen are entirely black out.

I was quickly search only with computer for solution.

Tried hard reset few times, and did not success to bring the screen back.

Then today booked for appointment for service center for repair.

Unfortunately, my warranty ended 9th Sept, and now I have to fork out RM1070 for the screen replacement and no guaranty will resolve the issue.

I was very disappointed with the Samsung "Flagship" quality.

Before this my S9+ also last almost 2 years before I trade in with this N20U.

At that time I was think maybe I was not lucky enough.

But now, with this experience, I am totally disappointed with Samsung.

I do like the clean UI and system that Samsung have.

But the flagship quality which I own twice have such a bad experience for durability.

My been take a good care of both phones with good cover (Owned few cover for different occasion such as waterproof casing when I on the beach or wet) and screen protector since day one and replace it once scratched and never drop to hard flooring.

I am very doubt are now the flagship quality nowadays are so poor which consumer need to change to phone every year?

247918569_10158894455142415_9196105245928194853_n.jpg

8 Comments
Nicki_
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I dont know how to solve this but agreed on your opinion. Samsung updates sometimes bring problem to the phone. I use note10 plus and my spen cant connect after software update. I forgot which month but the only way to fix it is to buy a new spen. Your case is worst. Dark screen and have to replace new for rm1k. Wow samsung. Either they want to force us to buy their new phone or they want to take our money with the repair.
0 Likes
ototo
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

Yup

2 flagship from Samsung I owned getting short and shorter the life span

S9+ almost 2 years before the screen burn then trade in for N20U which last for a year.

Frankly, this not a flagship I am glad to own for the price I had pay.

UI I have no much complaint, but hardware and durability of it, until my N20U encounter this issue

I am now doubt for the flagship which can't last for 2 years.

GalaxyNoteFit
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
3 years or 4 years bro.My Galaxy Note 9 death after 3 years use.
0 Likes
mim9091
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Same..just got screen replacement.
0 Likes
Minaamina
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Well.. so far im using S series s4 s6 and s20+.. only s20+ screen horizontal line after update but no need to change the screen.. 😅 😅.. i guess my luck still good but if next S series still use Mali as graphic then i will change to other brand.. i hate my phone heat up bcs that will damage the screen and battery 😁
0 Likes
GalaxyNoteFit
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Same with my Galaxy Note 9 screen become green after 3 years use.This happen after update firmware update.
0 Likes
ototo
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Samsun really need to look into this
0 Likes
Haddats
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note

Hello. I live at home. I did a complete renovation and was very selective in choosing the floor. I think this is one of the most important parts of the house. I chose between several types of epoxy floor coating Atlanta. My choice fell on the second option. I liked the design better. Very suitable for home interior. Years have passed, and the floor is like new. Very happy with this choice. Good luck!

0 Likes