Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra - Update

(Topic created on: 02-09-2023 10:41 PM)
tenshimitsuki
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
I updated my phone last January 23, 2023 and noticed faint lines in greenish/pinkish shade and as the days progressed the faint lines have become even more visible and vivid. It is now light shade of green. 
Now, a new update is ready to be installed and I am scared to update my phone. 
Should I take the risk or just leave the update alone?
9 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy Note

Hello tenshimitsuki,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with the recent updates on your Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra having issues with green lines and a pinkish shade on the screen, and we apologize for the inconvenience it caused you.

We understand that while you are having second thoughts and are scared to update your phone with the new update ready to be installed, software updates are like oil changes and tune-ups for your phone as they keep things running smoothly. They also help improve the user interface, enhance security, and remove minor bugs. Thus, we recommend updating the software whenever a new version is available so you can make sure your device stays in tip-top shape.

To update your mobile device's software, follow these steps:

Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.

Step 2. Tap on Download and install.

Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Step 4. Restart your device.

You may also submit an error report through Samsung Members app as follows:

Step 1. Long press Samsung Members icon on Apps screen and tap Error reports.

Step 2. Tap OK on agreement popup to send system log data.

Step 3. Select Symptom category "Display".

Step 4. Describe the problem in details and SEND.

How to submit an error report on Samsung Members app? | Samsung PH

After updates, you may do Clear Cache Partition as follows:

Step 1. Turn off your phone.

Step 2. Plug in the USB cable via PC or Type-C earphones (in case its USB-C to USB-C).

Step 3. Then press and hold Power and Volume up buttons.

Step 4. Release the power button. When the recovery screen shows up, release the volume up button.

Step 5. Navigate to and select Wipe cache partition (Volume up and down is for highlighting options and power is to select).

Step 6. Navigate to and select Yes.

Step 7. Press the power button to select Reboot system now.

For more help and assistance, you may contact us via our online Samsung Customer Care support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

Let us know if you've found a solution by tapping "Accept as Solution" on the answer you like!

Stay safe and have a nice day ahead! Thanks for contacting Samsung.

0 Likes
Cefiro
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
UPDATE as you wish, does not matter. You have now a damaged screen as I have, also Note20-Ultra, with 2 greenlines.

Many, in fact all S-20 series phones will eventually have these green/pink/white vertical lines. SAMSUNG SUPPORT have no ADVISORY/PROTECTION, silent about the issue since 2021, but will advise you to visit their Customer Service Center which will fix this hardware problem by replacing the Amoled Screen--quoting you around 16k. The new screen will solve the problem, but no guarantee that the GREENLINE will not reoccur on the new screen.

Check the posts in Samsung Members as early as January 2021(late 2020?), Samsung knew about the issue.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME, just prepare your 16k for repair cost, or ready to junk the phone.

Samsung wants us to buy their new phone, S23 Series now!
tenshimitsuki
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
bummer. Sorry to hear about your phone too. It's very disappointing how Samsung is handling this issue.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Unfortunately that happened to my Note 20 Ultra 5G and has now total white green screen after an update. 😔

Now I am assessing if I have to get it fix or not.
tenshimitsuki
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Sorry to hear that. I am just waiting for the day my screen totally goes off now. This prolly will be my last samsung phone.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Sorry to hear that. I read before that Samsung offered off warranty on the units. But I'm still verifying and looking for other solutions.
tenshimitsuki
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
not getting that here in any service center. Need to pay for an LCD replacement and have no gurantee of not getting the problem back too.
0 Likes
tenshimitsuki
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
CONGRATULATIONS SAMSUNG! YOU HAVE FINALLY SUCCEEDED IN RUINING MY PHONE!

This btw, just popped up like magic.

#greenline #note20ultraupdate #updateissuereceived_1379892806138631_1000012163_1684733587.jpg
0 Likes
Aqibbwp
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Hi I wnat to know that is it happened after change the panel or not.

0 Likes