Original topic:

Software upgrade erased almost all stored contacts so far irrecoverable. Help ?

(Topic created on: 02-06-2022 11:35 AM)
DisillusionedAnnoyd
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
This past week my Android Samsung updated software. Following this almost all the stored contacts on my phone appeared to have been erased. I have tried the fixes recommended by online search and so far none have worked. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thx
0 Likes
3 Comments
Kombatsd
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Did you do a backup before upgrading your software? If so you should be able to restore them.
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi there, that's strange. Unfortunately if you didn't have a backup of the contacts, they may be lost. Have you checked for a Google backup?

0 Likes
Neats
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
This has also happened to me! I woke up this morning and all of my contacts are missing except 9 of them which are new since December. But I don't think my phone did an update overnight?
I've spoken to Samsung - they have no idea and I've spoken on the phone to Google 1 (as I'm a premium member) as they can't see how it has happened as the contacts are all missing from my Google Cloud too!!
How does my phone just erase them all overnight while I slept? No viruses no nothing on it. Probably an update occurred and this is what happened. Over 1000 contacts for work I need are gone!!
Not happy at all Samsung.
0 Likes