Original topic:

From Telstra: How to Extend Ring Time on Samsung Galaxy or other Android.

(Topic created on: 03-04-2023 12:59 AM)
StormyClouds
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
For those that didn't know this.

For Users on the Telstra Network. I used the following infomation from Telstra to increase my ringtime to 20 seconds before going to voicemail on my S22 Ultra. Very simple proceedure to follow.

How to extend the ring time on Android

To extend your ring time using an Android handset, you’ll need to open the Phone app in your phone’s menu and then dial a code.

Here's a YouTube video showing how to extend your ring time on an Android device - or you can keep reading below.

You’ll want to change one part of the sequence – that’s how long you want your phone to ring for. You can choose for your phone to ring for 15, 20, 25 or 30 seconds before diverting the call to voicemail.

Here’s how:

1. Open the Phone app on your phone.
  2. Type the following: * * 6 1 * 1 0 1 * * [15, 20, 25 or 30] #
  3. Press the call button.

So, if you wanted to make sure your phone only rings for 15 seconds before diverting, you’d open the Phone app and type * * 6 1 * 1 0 1 * * 1 5 #.

Once you’ve done the steps above, you’ll then see a pop-up appear with a message that says “Call forwarding successful”.

To find out how long your phone is currently ringing for before diverting to voicemail, you can dial * # 6 1 # in your Phone app. You’ll see a pop-up appear that tells you your voicemail phone number, and how many seconds your phone will ring for each call that comes in.

7 Comments
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Google this for other providers, occasionally the codes are slightly different.
Galaxy S
Thanks 😊
StormyClouds
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Welcome
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hello @StormyClouds

Thank you for your suggestions.

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

StormyClouds
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Cheers
0 Likes
moonlighter
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Oh thank you sooo much ❤ this worked immediately. I have a disability and have been unable to get to answer my phone in time.
Great to get information this way. Will do it more often. Thank you again.
CrazyCatLadee
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
This does not work, tells me the MMI code is invalid
0 Likes