Original topic:

My phone reset on its own and wiped out all my data incl sd card

(Topic created on: 09-17-2021 06:56 AM)
befairandbejust
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I called Samsung as my phone reset itself while I was sleeping 2 days ago and wipe off all my data. They said there is nothing they can do to recover it if the data was not backup. I am so frustrated and angry as everything I had has been gone and I had important things that I needed for a court matter. I didnt back up as I didnt want the vulnerable important on the internet or anything. 

Has anyone else experienced this?
11 Comments
Haydenc94
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Haven't heard of it myself, usually the reset options are all very specific buttons to press. Only thing I can think of is if a software update had an issue which caused the loss of data. That's why backup is so important. You can backup to sd card or pc if that helps.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I had backed up my data on my sd card but as it was encrypted it wiped the data out as well on there.
0 Likes
Haydenc94
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Bugger not good at all. Sorry for the loss of data
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hasnt happened to me. Did you have a setting enabled to factory reset after x failed logins?

If your evidence was in image form, maybe Google Photos has it if you use gmail
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I am not sure what you mean. Or if this feature was activated.
0 Likes
kjla19
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Did you have 'Auto factory reset' on? It could be that you accidentally entered passcodes in while you were asleep.Screenshot_20210918-031927_Settings_16240.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Im not sure it I had it on but I dont think so. I mean if that was the case why would it be putting in codes on its own.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@befairandbejust

Maybe someone got your Samsung account password and reset it from find my mobile.
0 Likes
jhames24
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

This happen to may S22 today what should I

0 Likes