Original topic:

One UI 4 - Screenshots are still stored in DCIM folder in Android 12

(Topic created on: 12-31-2021 12:01 AM)
KevinYew
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi

Enjoying One UI 4 so far on my Galaxy S10e, but I was really looking forward to the change in Android 12 where screenshots would no longer be stored under the DCIM directory (in /DCIM/Screenshots) but instead somewhere else (like /Pictures/Screenshots), so that we could choose not to back them up to Google photos. 

Not only did the update not fix this, but for some reason it deleted the .nomedia file I had in the screenshots folder, causing all my current screenshots to be backed up, when this was previously blocked. Quite an annoying start to my experience of One UI 4 unfortunately.

On a separate but perhaps related issue, it started trying to backup a second copy of every photo on my device to Google Photos, but this is probably a Google Photos bug.
3 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @KevinYew, thanks for your feedback. I suggest sending this through as an error report for it to be raised directly to our research & development team.

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

KevinYew
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Done, thanks 👍
paulpoco
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

That solution doesn't fix anything.   So fed up with Samsung and Google, maybe our whole family should switch to Apple.

My Wife is getting annoyed seeing my screenshots.

0 Likes