Did you mean: 

Original topic:

RCS NOT WORKING

(Topic created on: 10-27-2022 12:48 AM)
Jayinabox
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I have a Samsung S22 Ultra and today I decided to set Samsung Messages as my default messaging app over Google Messages, because I like how I can change the chat background. I noticed that I can't send chats despite making sure RCS is enabled. I already restarted my device multiple times and did network settings reset but it still wouldn't work. I also called Samsung customer service but all they could advise is to restart the device. Called Globe customer service as well and they gave troubleshooting steps which didn't work either. They mentioned that RCS system is not compatible with every carrier’s network in every region which should not be the reason why it's acting up now because I was able to make it work days after getting my device from them. When I tried switching back to Google Messages, chats would work with no issues but with Samsung Messages app, it just wouldn't do it.  Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
0 Likes
12 Comments
Galaxy S
possible a bug, lets wait for ONE UI 5.0 if issue will be fixed
0 Likes
Jayinabox
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Went out to check with Globe and we made RCS to work on SIM 2 with any network, turns out the device being locked into a 2 year contract with them is the issue. It does not make sense but it is what Samsung also said. I will wait for One UI 5 and see if it makes any difference.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
my s22u came from globe to but when i got it changed csc from GLB to XTC both sim slot works fine
0 Likes
Jayinabox
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Im not sure i understood your terminologies sorry 😄
0 Likes
Galaxy S
parehas tayo galing globe s22ultra, im using dito and globe sim both works for RCS
0 Likes
Jayinabox
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Is your device still within the 2 year contract?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
yes, luckily its not globe locked its open line, yours should be too

Screenshot_20221027-161204_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
Jayinabox
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Looks like youre right about both SIM slots being openline cause I tried using Smart on SIM 1 and its being read. However, chat still wont work with SIM 1. I moved the Smart SIM to slot 2 and chat works, which leaves me to still having an issue with making chat work on SIM1 and I dont wanna have only one SIM and have it on slot 2 cause that would be a whole new set of issue for me considering I use 2 SIMs and being a little OC makes it worse lol
Galaxy S
hopefully lets wait for 5.0