Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 Ultra screen and battery replacement

(Topic created on: 01-06-2023 04:31 AM)
jedalain
Beginner Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
I got my phone diagnosed from a service center, and they said that its screen and battery need to be replaced. They told me that the repair fee I have to pay, if ever I push through, is Php 16k+, which is just the initial and rough estimate. In the event I decide to get it fixed, will it be a wise move, especially moneywise, and will the repaired phone last for a long time? Or it isn't worth it and I should just buy a new phone? Thank you so much for your insights!
0 Likes
10 Comments
Galaxy S
For better and wise idea. Its better if you may let go your pre-loved S20 U5G and buy a new device. Nowadays, Samsung Galaxy devices provide similar device features with S20U5G, I may recommend the Samsung Galaxy A series devices if you have low budget and practical way. You may still keep your old device. Stay safe. 🤘😎
Galaxy S
hi A73 5G20230104_133004(0)_1000009559_1672810204.jpg
Cefiro
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Wise advice.

I'm a Galaxy Note user since Note2, addicted to pull the S-Pen often. But since my current Note20-Ultra got this GREENLINE screen virus early December and need to replace the screen about the same price, I hijacked my wife's second phone, her only Android that I strongly advised her to adopt, but eventually slid back to iPhone though.

So, I'm happy to use her junked midrange A30, wc is not bad, I realized. Now, my Note20 becomes my backup phone. So far so good.

SAMSUNG flagship phones do not mean sturdier built to last longer than lot cheaper other brand phones. Considering all phones do not hv a Pen, I guess I can live without it. But for me, camera is important. It is a competitive market. Let's see how the magic of Samsung marketing can convince me with their new Galaxy S23-ultra. How would they guarantee that their superior amoled will not give me GREENLINE again while safely in its stand, and me watching YouTube?
ErnAqui12
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
S20 Ultra is worth fixing my friend. I wont recommend A series if you are used to using your Spen and long distance camera photoshoot. Mid range doesnt have that feature. I would recommend you to ask the service center staff when is their SAMSUNG RIGHT CARE DAY so you can get a pretty huge discount. I have S21 Ultra and it never fails me. Also, when you say fixing the LCD, they usually dont charge battery as it is attached with the LCD so it is all included in one bill. You can fully trust the samsung service center because they give extra care to your phone, diagnosing all aspects of issues and making sure that your unit is going to be returned back to you like as if it is brand new, I swear. Samsung service center never fails me on fixing my unit. Im pretty sure the value of your money is worth the fix.
Galaxy S
for me its still worth the repair
Galaxy S
Thank you for the powerful idea's and opinion.
Cefiro
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
My Note2 was put to rest after about 4 yrs of use, when its motherboard gave up reaching its lifespan. I lost some files with it. Consider that a 2 yr old S20series phones is known to get the GREENLINE on its screen, I learned due to a single flux of many many attached to its LED that got melted, meaning over-heating, meaning the motherboard may not last.

It's a gamble, the repair costing--say 17k, r buying a new Samsung A-series phone (I saw in Samsung Store) also about same amount 🤔
0 Likes
Cefiro
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
😎Screenshot_20230107-075608_Google_3205_1673049368.jpg
0 Likes
Obviou_sly
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Let go and moved on. Buy a new one. We know it's aging... hardware wise it will not catch up upcoming tech. Grain a salt here.