Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 + vertical green line after a software update

(Topic created on: 03-09-2022 07:22 AM)
Members_qedrIk5
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

Samsung, i believe you should do a recall on your phones. Its obvious that this vertical green line is a known issue on your s20 plus line.. I just had a software update early in the morning and tonight out of the blue this vertical green line suddenly appeared on my screen. This isnt satisfying samsung.  

12 Comments
primarina
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yes, this was a common issue on the S20 lineup and cannot be fixed with changing settings and Software Updates. Visit your nearest Samsung Repair Center for diagnosis, if you bought in the Philippines, repair "might" be free even if the warranty is expired.

PS: Free repair is not official
bigbigJ
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
what font r u using bro?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Better call hotline and go to nearest samsung service center.
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy S

Please bring your device to a Samsung Experience Store near you, where our techs can help you out better: https://www.samsung.com/ph/storelocator/

You may also reach out to us remotely:

Mobile Devices Hotline:
#GALAXY (just dial #425299) [Toll Free to all networks]
(02) 8422-2177 [Standard Landline]
Available 24/7

You can likewise send us an email through spr.ly/SamsungPH-Support or engage with us through our Live Chat Support at spr.ly/LiveChatSupport.

Our support team will gather data for documentation, and will further arrange an appointment on your nearest ASCs (door-to-door pick-up is available for users within NCR) for assessment, and/or replacement of the part/s should the cause be determined to be software related (highly subject to approval).

0 Likes
reggie1725
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
What about outside NCR, like me who lives in Mindanao?
0 Likes
Hrufine
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I never thought it will happen to my phone. But yes today all of a sudden while watching youtube green line appeard at the middle of the screen verticle. It was white for a while then turned green.

Not sure what to do with thus junk exynos 990 heater phone now.

Atleast screen was good but now this phone does not hold any value.

Samsung should take ownership of this issue.

0 Likes
magicath14
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Same thing happened to mine while watching Youtube. My phone is already out of warranty. I visited their service center in Megamall and they quoted 11,500Php for the replacement of LCD with no explanation as to why the green line appeared in the first place. I even told the staff that this might be an issue with S20 plus based on what I read online. Deadma lang siya.
DMMG
Active Level 4
Galaxy S

kakaworry talaga customer service ni samsung, definitely need to put into consideration when making a purchase and doing tech reviews. Anyways, maybe pwede nyo itry magconsult regarding this issue with online chat support and if it really is a known issue with S20 line up. Maybe they can provide you with repair ticket online para pag punta nyo service center wala na question... maybe lang. 

0 Likes
Members_O84YMH5
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi I also just had my software updated two days back and yesterday I noticed a vertical green line appeared on my phone screen. Where can I get help from? Can I bring to the phone shop for repair? 

0 Likes