Original topic:

Samsung S22 Ultra Smart locked

(Topic created on: 10-28-2022 04:17 PM)
Makoy1
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hi guys,

I got a Samsung S22 Ultra 12gb 256gb variant from smart. It's a dual sim variant as well and the sales lady told me that sim1 is Smart locked and sim 2 should be open line (as how it should be since I have multiple dual sim devices I got from smart). Now, I got the device, went home (because I was in a hurry at the time because I am almost late for work) and didn't insert my sim cards at the store. I inserted my Smart sim in sim 1 and my Gomo sim in sim2. To my surprise, I can only use mobile data in sim 1 and doesn't give me an option to use my Gomo sim for mobile data. I switched the sims and to my surprise, sim1 detects the Gomo sim (which I think shouldn't be the case since it should be Smart locked). I turned on mobile data and it would still give me no option to select the Gomo sim even in the settings. But I can send messages and call from my Gomo sim. Also, I get this notification on the top that I cannot remove that says, "Thank you for choosing Smart." and it can't be removed for some reason and there is no option to disable the notification since it's greyed out. Has anyone experienced this? What was the fix? Thank you.

20 Comments
Obviou_sly
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Call CS of GOMO?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
not gomo its smart locked, unless you are done with lockin period thats the time you are getting the unlock code
0 Likes
Galaxy S
im with globe good thing its open line Screenshot_20221029-091123_Call settings_1000003352_1667005932.jpgScreenshot_20221029-090828_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
the only fix is you contact smart to get the unlock code or you will purchase unlock code online
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I'm not sure if you're on postpaid or prepaid (as you just said that it's "from" Smart).

But if I remember it correctly, that's how it USED to be for postpaid devices (can't say the same for Smart as we've been subscribers of Globe for more than a decade). So whenever the contract's up, we have to contact Globe for the phone to be unlocked and it needs to be done twice: one for the SIM lock and another for the network lock.

Just a few months ago, I had to contact Globe to have my sister's S20 to be unlocked. Was only able to have the SIM lock removed as it's the only one that can be removed via codes. Was advised that the unit needs to be brought to a Globe Store for the network lock (and we haven't since she now lives in another country).

Now, I said USED to be since I have an S21+ from Globe and I'm able to use Smart (which is in SIM2) for data.
Galaxy S
luckyly the s21+ you got same with my s22u are already openline
Galaxy S
IKR? I'm not sure when their policies changed tho, or why OP's phone is still locked that way. 🤷🏻‍♂️
0 Likes
Galaxy S
smart step up ung network loack nila
0 Likes
Mr_Lio
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
To fix that is: the original owner have to have the phone line opened in the SMART service where they got it the first time.
0 Likes