Original topic:

SOLVED- S22 Ultra- Samsung Dex failing on LG TV- Note 10+ always worked

(Topic created on: 03-22-2022 04:38 AM)
radiocricket
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I am definitely not in love with my new S22 Ultra and have been delaying sending in my Note 10+ trade in as it never gave me any issues.  I guess newer is not always better!

The most frustrating problem I have is with using Samsung Dex on my S22 Ultra to broadcast from my phone to my LG TV.  I was able to do so with my Note 10+ with no issue.  While Samsung Dex connects and the interface appears on the screen.  I immediately see a small message that my TV is not optimized for wireless display connection (or something like that).  I can navigate to my gallery and select a video to watch.  It will start the video for a second or so and then it freezes and shortly after severs the Dex connection.  I will sometimes get a message to make sure there's nothing blocking the phone to TV (there isn't).  Both the phone on the TV are on the 5GHz band of the router.  The TV is a 2020/2021 model- LG OLED65CXPUA.  Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

2 Comments
radiocricket
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I ended up factory resetting my LG TV twice as I noticed the apps weren't updating (firmware was up-to-date).  It wasn't until I switched the TV back to the 2.4 GHz wireless band that the apps would update.  I tried Dex again and it was better but still not what I would consider working.  Then I connected my S22 Ultra to the 2.4 GHz wireless band and......Dex works!!!  So, so odd given the TV and my phone are both within 10-12 ft of our router.  Hopefully this can help someone else!

Tonylmiller
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

This is interesting because an existing wifi network is not required to use wireless DeX.  I use it while camping all the time without any wifi network.

0 Likes