Original topic:

Defective Fold 5 Case - pen loose and falls out of case

(Topic created on: 08-15-2023 09:58 PM)
Michinoz
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi everyone,

I seem to have a problem with the case I got with my icy blue Fold 5.  The s-pen is fits very loosely and simply falls out of the case.  I'm sure the pen will get lost because of this and for a $126 case, I think that this is very poor quality.

It seems others are also having this issue.  I took my device to a Samsung store where I showed them the issue however whilst they acknowledged this "doesn't seem right"  they stated that they can't help me, I need to contact Samsung since I bought the device online via pre-order.

So, my question is - given I'm seeing some Youtube videos pop up with this same issue, I'm clearly not alone here.

Is anyone here also experiencing this issue?  If so, how are you going about getting Samsung to replace the defective case (Melbourne, Australia)?  

I have Samsung Care+ so not sure if that plays a role also.  Apologies for my ignorance on this - I'd be grateful for some advice / assistance on replacement.

Thanks in advance

Mich

0 Likes
5 Comments
Galaxy Z
Have you tried contact Samsung online?
https://www.samsung.com/au/support/warranty/

You can try chatting or sending an email.

Obviously keep your receipts just in case they ask for it.
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z

Hey @Michinoz

Based on what you've described, I recommend for you to head into your nearest authorised service centre with your proof of purchase so that we can take a closer look into this. Please be aware that due to our Privacy Policy, your device may be factory reset before being assessed. I highly recommend backing up your device via Smart Switch, OneDrive and/or Google to ensure none of your data is lost.

For more information on how to back up your device: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/back-up-samsung-device/

To book an appointment prior to heading in-store or to drop off your device via Australia Post: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/your-service/main

To find your nearest store: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
Adam-J
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

I also have a defective Fold 5 case as the silly little stickers they rely on have completely lost their stick so the front part just falls off.  They are happy to replace the case but said it would take 10 days and I'm not leaving my phone caseless for ten days.  I asked for a refund because it is a design fault and I don't believe a replacement would last any longer than six weeks.  They said no.

They really don't care and after a decade of being a Samsung user and advising large corporations on purchases of tens of thousands of Samsung devices, I'll be going elsewhere next time and advising my clients to do the same.

Loads of others have similar problems and the case has terrible reviews but they stand by their products over the customers and will continue to do so until they have neither.

Bellabam8
Active Level 2
Galaxy Z
I have the same Samsung Z Fold 5 icy blue case. And the S-pen fits very loosey and falls out of the case. I'm extremely disappointed with the quality of the Z Fold case particularly with a $126 price tag. I get ask about my Z Fold 5 by so many people & I hate having to tell them the case is not fit for purpose.
0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z

Hello @Bellabam8

I am so sorry that you are having this issue. I would really like to look into this for you. If you could send an email with the below information filled out, through to members.au@samsung.com I will have this issue personally escalated for you.

Subject Title: SamsungClaudette - The S-pen fits very loosley and falls out of the case <----Please post this in the Email Subject as well as your community Handle.

Customers Name

Online Name

Email

Contact Number

Preferred Call Back Time

State

Model

Serial Number

Order Number

Product Issue

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette