Original topic:

Samsung VOC is probably one of the worst customer service I've experienced.

(Topic created on: 09-04-2023 02:54 PM)
Members_4sy0CLJ
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z

Context, I purchased my Fold 4 in September 2022 and mid-August 2023 all of a sudden it won't open flat. 

I gave the phone in to the Samsung Service Centre in Olympic Park on 21 August, the representative advised it should be around 2-3 days. I was fine with that. Then apparently there was a part delay and it was escalated to this "VOC" team. (The part delay was the battery delay apparently...weird but ok I'm not technical expert). I spoke to 'Jayda, CE & IM Case manager', whatever that means. The email from her advised to choose the options moving forward, but gave me 1 option 'refund'. Fine, better a refund than a broken 'refurbished' replacement probably.

Cut to the next week, since I purchased the phone from JB HiFi, I was asked to provide a proof of purchase. I provided that within 1 day. I receive a call advising that they do not understand the proof of purchase (ok fair enough, they had a discount at the release of the phone that if I purchased a watch and the phone, I would receive $700 off and the receipt also showed that I used $330 which was a gift card from JB for the value of my old phone). I was asked to contact JB and get them to email them the phone price.

Ok right away, I spoke to JB and they were kind enough to provide an invoice to Samsung directly (right away within 5 minutes). Full day later, Jayda emails me saying she cannot open the attachment and to ask them to send an explanation in writing format. I once again called JB right away and JB obliged and sent an email with a thorough explanation about the purchase and discounts (also within 5 minutes).

Another full day later, I receive a call from Jayda who appears to not understand the email contents, I did some Year 2 maths and provided her a conservative figure on how much the refund should be. She then proceeded to say to the effect of "Ok is that the figure YOU think it is? Ok let me send that to our finance team and get them to give me a figure". So what was the point of this back and forth for the week??????

Fine, this was escalated to the finance team on 30 August 2023. I didn't hear back so I called 01 September 2023 to follow up, the lady on the phone advised what had been done before and that she will send an urgent 'follow-up'. Skip to today 04 September 2023, I called and seemingly the same lady picked up, proceeded to give me the same spiel as before. I admittedly lost it a bit and asked to talk to Jadya herself or a supervisor or anything that can give me something apart from 'I understand BUT'. Yet the answer was still 'I understand BUT we don't have the resources to transfer to the case manager'. You don't? A company with a market cap of $300+ billion doesn't have the resources to transfer me to 'Voice of Customer' manager?

I might be jumping the gun since its only been 2 weeks but I have to travel a LOT for work and not having an appropriate phone and being dealt with like this really grinds my gears.

Any advice on how to proceed or someone with similar experience would be appreciated, I'm at a lost as to what to do, should I just waltz into Samsung Service Centre, ask for my phone back and accept it as a cost of idiocy trusting Samsung? 

PS. I don't mean any grief towards Jayda or anyone who answered my call. I'm still attempting to be amicable despite my frustrations as I have enough confrontations at work and don't need this added stress.

7 Comments
blunderbuss89
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
Tbf yes even multi million companies don't have the direct lines of other internal staff members. Having worked in call centres all my life I hear that exact quote all the time.

My best advice is to go back to the service centre and raise it with them directly. That way there's no disconnection between you and the team.
Members_4sy0CLJ
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

Yeah and I completely understand. I guess I'm just frustrated at myself a bit and my overreliance on an electronic device for everything.

That's a good idea, I guess I was just afraid they were going to tell me "it's out of our hands" and getting even more stressed out, but, no harm in speaking with them.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Z
I completely agree with this! When I had a Samsung phone they were helpful back in 2018 when i had my note 8 altho now I've found that Apple have been exceptionally good with assisting me with my phone! I recently got an a53 with optus but I've not had a problem with Samsung b4! With their phones either! But try to sort out your issue with them if you can! I know how hard it is to deal with these companies just he patient with them if you can OK! It can cause you heaps of stress yes but just know that they are dealing with you and a 💯 thousand others as well who have the same phones as you! Maybe the service isn't all that great with Samsung but just try and get on with them the best way you can be polite and see how you go! I know that they don't understand you or their English but it's hard when you've been in this position! I empathise with you completely OK!
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z

Hey @blunderbuss89 

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards,

SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z

Hey @Members_4sy0CLJ

I am sorry that you fell this way. Could you please refer to @blunderbuss89 comment and let me know how it goes. 

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
TarekZ
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
Unfortunately I've had a very frusting time with the so called VOC , sorry they don't act on behalf of the customer nor the voice of customer at all , VOS if u ask me voice of Samsung !!!
I only resolved my issue after weeks of going through the Avenues Samsung through at me , by going directly to the Homebush head office and dealing direct ! Boycott VOC they are useless mates , sorry ..
0 Likes
hamster67
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z

I am going through the painful process of getting my flip 4 replaced through Samsung VOC in Australia. Had 2 warranty claims for the hinge and one for the camera in the span of 1 year. I requested to get the device swapped with a S23+ which is of the same value but the VOC rep refused to do so and only offered the Flip 5 as a replacement. Her excuse was that she only has stock Flip 5 phone and no S23+ and that she can send out the flip 5 immediately. Well, it has been 2 weeks since and the phone has not even shipped yet. If this was apple, all you have to do is walk into the store and walk out with a replacement on the the same day. I asked why I could not just go to the Samsung Experience store and pick one up there and was given a lame excuse of that they draw on a different stock (As if that should matter to me). The best part is no one can contact the VOC rep directly. No one has a phone number for them and if you call Samsung support they cannot put you through to VOC. All you get is we have escalated the case and you should hear back in 3 business days. LOL

0 Likes