Original topic:

Samsung Fridge

(Topic created on: 10-26-2021 07:59 AM)
Damo007
Active Level 1
Options
Home Appliances
How long should a fridge last?
My last fridge, a Simpson, was still going strong well after 12 years of use and that was moving from different places etc. Was still going strong and still is after maybe 20 years. 
I replaced it with a Samsung 2 door fridge with ice maker etc. Top of the line, let's say 5 years ago. 
In that time, the first to go faulty was the display. No big deal. Didn't worry about it. 
Everything still worked. Just a couple of digits went out.
Then the catch to the small door stopped locking. I fixed that after using tape to keep it shut. 
Then I notice that the ice cream in the freezer section wasn't ideally getting cold enough. 
Now the freezer doesn't work hardly at all.. 
Despite doing everything to do to get it to work. 

I've always bought Samsung stuff as I liked the brand and at first, if I had a fault they'd fix it. I still consider Samsung a good brand but, a fridge that only lasts around 5 years? 
I'm pretty sure most fridges last longer than that. To make matters worse, I went to Sth Australia for 6 months and that's when the freezer stopped working.. 
You can imagine the state of the kitchen after losing a freezer load of food. 
The fridge part still works but the freezer doesn't. 
I know there's a lot more people out there that have had the same problem. 
Why was the fridge not recalled? 
Apparently it's a common fault with a couple of parts. 
So, I'm not sure I'm going to stick with Samsung anymore, Sorry Samsung. 
I used to be a Panasonic buyer. 
But my house is full of Samsung gear now. 
I liked their TV's I guess.. 
The surround amp I liked because of the valve design but the volume controls started playing up. It was repaired under warranty but that only lasted 6 months.. 
Being the valves sit above the controls, they overheat. 
But opinions on how long a fridge should last is what I'm looking for, I guess. 
I would've thought 10years easy. 
Spending nearly $3k on a fridge is a lot of money. 
Honestly Samsung, if you know there's a common fault with your products, you really should get in touch with the customer or retailer and sort it out. I now have a huge Box sitting in my kitchen, using just the fridge until I can afford to buy another one. 
I'm not bagging Samsung, just telling my story. I'm not sure, like I said, Samsung will be on my shopping list anymore for products.. 

6 Comments
Home Appliances
Ive had mine about 7 years. Not sure exactly what model but its a french door with an ice maker.
Damo007
Active Level 1
Home Appliances
Mine has the ice maker and that's the reason I bought it..
Cold, filtered water and ice, straight from the fridge is awesome.
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Home Appliances

Hi @Damo007, I am sorry to hear of the issues you had with your refrigerator. If there is anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to reach out. 

Please send an email to members.au@samsung.com with the following:

Subject: SamsungLaura - French Door Refrigerator

Detail: 

1. Full name

2. Phone number

3. Address

4. Proof of purchase

5. Photo of the compliance plate. 

To find the compliance plate, please see the below photo guide:

https://www.samsung.com/au/compliance-tool/ 

Damo007
Active Level 1
Home Appliances
Really?
Wow, thanks Samsung Laura, thanks just for getting back to me.
I'll do that..
I'm not expecting anything but it's nice to know that Samsung is watching these posts.

Damian..
0 Likes
Protonumus
Active Level 6
Home Appliances
Laura is your friend in the fridge. 😏
bigboi
Beginner Level 2
Home Appliances
Wat in the **bleep**
0 Likes