Did you mean: 

Original topic:

"Hide Camera Cutout" on Display Setting GONE in OneUI 3.0

(Topic created on: 01-15-2021 10:08 AM)
infrannysgalaxy
Active Level 1
Options
Others
As my title implies I just learnt from a friend in Indonesia who downloaded the public version of OneUI 3.0 on his S20+ that OneUI 3.0 based on Android 11 has dropped one of the features I really loved with Samsung's skin of Android. It is the ability to "#HideCameraCutout" by going to Settings. Honestly I am so disappointed to learn that. Samsung is starting to act like Apple on this one where they act as if they know what's best for their customers without listening to us. I wonder if I will be happy to install OneUI 3.0 on my Galaxy Note10+ if this is the case. I honestly think that me and my Indonesian friend weren't the only ones who uses this feature in a daily basis. Weirdly we still prefer to have some thin top black bar bezel (just like how it was on S8, S9, Note8, Note9) rather than a hole punch cutout which mars the overall viewing experience especially when we're watching contents in landscape. I hope someone from Samsung's developer team see's this post and do something about it. That camera hole/U-shape/V-shape cutout especially on 2019 flagships like my Note10+ can be really annoying especially when all you want is to watch contents without interruptions of weird cutouts marring the display. Sure we can always download 3rd party apps (namely Nacho Notch) but when I used it on my Note10+ and my friend used it on his S20+ it's not the same experience as it is when you use the ones on your phone's #HideCameraCutout settings. I hope someone from developer team would see this and decides to bring back that well beloved settings in the next iteration of patch level updates.
2 Comments
Others
da **bleep** thats y i cant find that **bleep** setting
0 Likes
Others
If you're using a phone with camera cutout (released from 2019 onwards e.g. S10, Note10, A10-A70, S20, Note20, A01- A71, Note10 Lite, S20 FE) you can go to Settings => Display => Full Screen Apps => Three Dots on the upper right of your screen => Advance Settings => Hide Camera Cutout. Hope that helps.
0 Likes