Original topic:

Trade-in ID Error - "you cannot proceed with trade-in as the trade-in id has been used"

(Topic created on: 03-02-2022 10:05 PM)
Juneus
Active Level 1
Options
Promotions
My first trade up account has been showing to have been used when using online shopping. 

This happens when I pay my online shopping but error occurs during the payment and then my shopping cart becomes empty. 
Tried to use the code again then it shows "you cannot proceed with trade-in as the trade-in id has been used".

I contacted samsung support and was told to remove the app then install again to generate a new code - which i did yesterday. Now, the second code is not being accepted by samsung which shows "sorry, due to an error, trade-in service is unavailable at the moment".

Sent an email to samsung/Asurion team but no response at all. They are now holding $510 + $510  (the trade in amount) on my card.

Does anyone have have same issue or have tried to get their trade in amount back? 
23 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Promotions

Hi @Juneus, I am sorry to hear you had issues with your trade-up order. Please send through a direct message to myself with the following details: 

1. Full name

2. Email used for trade-up

3. Trade up code

0 Likes
Juneus
Active Level 1
Promotions

Hi Laura, 

Did you receive my DM?Any update?

2nd day and no reply from Asurion. 

0 Likes
sp6
Beginner Level 2
Promotions

Hi Laura, 

My Name is Surinder , I am also facing the same issue while placing online order and  am trying to put trade up id it says 

You cannot proceed with Trade-in as the Trade-in ID has been used

but I have not placed the order yet and its not been used. Also i have been deducted $1.00 *3 times and 
Can u still help in this regard.

Thx
Sp
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Promotions

Hi @sp6, I am sorry to hear that. Could you send through an email with further information to our Members email?

To: members.au@samsung.com

Subject: SamsungLaura - Trade in ID used

Detail: Full name, phone number, delivery address, trade in ID, description of issue. 

0 Likes
amitk0703
Beginner Level 2
Promotions

Hi there, were you able to get it sorted? I have the same problem with two of my trade in. Both the trade in id show the same error and my credit card has roughly 400 bucks on hold due to this. I tried contacting the Asurion team via email but no response

0 Likes
Juneus
Active Level 1
Promotions
After few days of waiting, got a reply from asurion. They said they will revert back my transaction, and they did after 2 weeks.
0 Likes
amitk0703
Beginner Level 2
Promotions

ahhh ok

so you were unable to use those trade-in IDs anymore but got the money off hold?

0 Likes
Juneus
Active Level 1
Promotions
Yes. Took 2 weeks to get the money back.Screenshot_20220325-105823_Yahoo Mail.jpg
0 Likes
amitk0703
Beginner Level 2
Promotions

thank you Juneus, much appreciated!!!!

0 Likes