Original topic:

Keyboard and mouse not working Minecraft in Dex mode 2022

(Topic created on: 09-26-2022 04:42 AM)
Paloma66
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Dex
Hi all

I've been reading various threads and watching YouTube videos with conflicting accounts on whether I can use a keyboard and mouse to play minecraft on dex mode. 

The latest thread in this subreddit seems to suggest I can.

I connect my S9 plus to a keyboard, mouse and monitor set up. 

However, when i open minecraft i can't use the WASD keys and etc to move around but i can type on the chat or name my worlds, does anyone know how to fix this so i can play with my wired keyboard and wired mouse connected to my S9 plus ?

Thank you.
7 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Samsung Dex

Hi @Paloma66, 

1. Try turning on full keyboard gameplay in settings (keyboard settings)

2. Do you tap 'enable touchpad' when connecting to DEX?

0 Likes
Paloma66
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Dex
1. I think I did enable this but it still didn't work. I'll give it a go in a tick.

2. I don't believe so. Where is this setting located?
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Samsung Dex

This setting is found from your notification panel when first connecting to DEX.

0 Likes
Paloma66
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Dex
I tried both but it still does not work
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Samsung Dex

Thanks for confirming. In that case, I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps.

To send an error report:
Samsung Members app > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Send’ in top right.

0 Likes
Pgamec
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Dex

I also have this problem, but my buttons partially work, but there are almost none, for example, my left mouse button moves me to the right 

0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Samsung Dex

Hey @Pgamec

Thanks for reaching out. I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps.

To send an error report:
Samsung Members app > Support > Error reports > select issue category > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Send’ in top right.

Kind Regards,

SamsungClaudette

0 Likes