Original topic:

SMART SWITCH MAY UPDATE NOT WORKING

(Topic created on: 05-06-2022 03:35 PM)
Brianjh
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Smart Switch

Just had update to smart switch.
Use it to sync my Outlook 2016 calendar on computer (Win 10, 64 bit) to my S20FE via USB cable.
Working perfectly until update. Have been syncing various samsung phones for years.
Now will not SYNC since update. Has a very different Smart Switch screen also.
Either it says there is a problem in Outlook or it shuts down.
Have deleted from phone and computer and reloaded, same problem. 
Very suspicious of this smart switch update.

28 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Samsung Smart Switch

Hi there, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Would you be able to send this through as an error report on the device that you are unable to Smart Switch on. 

I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated. Error reports are sent to our team to identify any deviations in your device performance, once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further. 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

Brianjh
Active Level 1
Samsung Smart Switch

Thanks Laura

I will try that.
However, the problem is showing on my computer, so the phone may not be a help to fault finding.
There is NO error in my Outlook 2016 - it was syncing perfectly UNTIL the Smart Switch update 2 days ago.
Screenshot 2022-05-05 181857.jpg

Samsung Smart Switch

Hi, Laura, Same issues here on x2 separate PCs and S22 Ultras. Updated Smart Switch to Sync Windows 10 (fully patched) Outlook / Calender to S22 Ultra. Since update, will not recognise when phone is plugged in and or hangs during Sync and or Smart Switch just closes even though Phones and Samsung Watch 4 Classic says "Syncing" on phone and "Preparing to backup" on watch. Have unloaded Smart Switch on PC and Phone, cleared cache on both devices, multiple reboots, tried other USB connections and cables and updated drivers / USB debugging. Worked previously, only experienced issues as of 06/05/22. Wasted hours on this. Can you please advise.

Siyer
Active Level 1
Samsung Smart Switch

Same issue with S22 Ultra / Smart Switch / Outlook 2016.  Worked perfected UNTIL YESTERDAY'S update.

0 Likes
Samsung Smart Switch

Same issues here:

Hi Updated Smart Switch to Sync Windows 10 (fully patched) Outlook / Calender to S22 Ultra. Since update, will not recognise when phone is plugged in and or hangs during Sync and or Smart Switch just closes even though Phones and Samsung Watch 4 Classic says "Syncing" on phone and "Preparing to backup" on watch. Have unloaded Smart Switch on PC and Phone, cleared cache on both devices, multiple reboots, tried other USB connections and cables and updated drivers / USB debugging. Worked previously, only experienced issues as of 06/05/22. Wasted hours on this. Can you please advise.

Siyer
Active Level 1
Samsung Smart Switch

I have the same issue with S22 Ultra since yesterday.  Disappointing.  Dont Samsung CHECK & VERIFY if the update is working on one of their Lab phones first, before releasing it?  Now that there have been so many comments, it will be nice to get an update to rectify this bug. 

As it is, Samsung & Outlook Sync never connects with "NOTES" in Outlook, and that is the main reason why Akrutosync and others are making us to PAY for their software.  If Smart Switch can sync Contacts/Calendar/Tasks, why not NOTES in Outlook also?

Samsung Smart Switch

Would be easier to accept if updates had bug fixes and or significant enhancements. Have logged a Support Call with Samsung. Says 24 to 48 for response. Will post here if / when a resolution is provided. (Assuming it works)

Brianjh
Active Level 1
Samsung Smart Switch

Yes I've done the same.
Now several of us are affected it is an obvious SS update problem so I'll be suggesting they don't get us to tinker but instead go back and rework SS to get it right then release a correcting update. I'll see if I can raise Laura.

Brianjh
Active Level 1
Samsung Smart Switch

OK, just sent this to SamsungLaura:

Hi Laura

I've done the error report but if you check my post you will find it isn't just me, it is other users.
Almost certainly there is a problem with the SS update itself not with us individual users.   cheers   Brian

0 Likes