I can't help but notice that you already selected the solution(s) that I think is not. Allow me to help you.
Your phone's fingerprint sensor provides a convenient and secure way to unlock your phone, and keeps your personal information safe with no codes to remember. If you're having issues with your fingerprint scanner there are a number of solutions you can try.
Before you try out the below recommendations as to your solution, be sure to check if your device's software are updated with the latest version. Please check how to update your mobile device's software in the following order.
Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.
Step 2. Tap on Download and install.
Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Remove protective cases.
• If a phone case covers or touches the fingerprint sensor, or prevents your finger from touching it, it can interfere with the sensor's operation.
Samsung recommends using the device with Samsung-approved cover accessories for protection of the product's appearance and user convenience.
Moisturize your hands.
• The sensor may not work if your fingers are too dry or chapped. It may be helpful to moisturize your hands with hand lotion.
Check for common issues with fingerprint recognition on phones.
Inspect the screen for scratches and dirt
• The fingerprint recognition sensor recognizes fingerprints. Ensure that the fingerprint recognition sensor is not scratched or damaged by metal objects, such as coins, keys, and necklaces.
• Ensure that the fingerprint recognition area and your fingers are clean and dry.
• The device may not recognize fingerprints that are affected by wrinkles or scars.
• The device may not recognize fingerprints from small or thin fingers.
• If you bend your finger or use a fingertip, the device may not recognize your fingerprints. Make sure to cover the entire fingerprint recognition sensor with your finger.
• To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often to perform tasks on the device.
• The touchscreen may malfunction in humid conditions or when exposed to water.
• To remove fingerprints or dusts, wipe the window glass smoothly with a clean and soft cloth.
• Fingerprint recognition is blocked when the device is under water.
Remove your fingerprint
In order to get the bottom of the issue(s), you may submit an error report through the Samsung Members app as follows:
Step 1. Launch the Samsung Members app, and then tap the Support icon for more options.
Step 2. Scroll and select Error reports.
Step 3. Choose a category of your concern. Select "Sensor/Touch".
Step 4. Choose the frequency of the issue you are experiencing. Enter issue details or attach a video or screenshot. Then press Send icons to complete the report.
If the issue persists, you may bring your device to the nearest Authorized Samsung Service Center in your area. Rest assured that your device will undergo an assessment to pinpoint the root cause of the issue. Our team of Samsung engineers and technicians will guide you and offer solutions to restore it.
or book an appointment with the Samsung Members app as follows:
Support > Book an appointment to set one.
Should you need further assistance and guidance, you may contact us via our Samsung Customer Care support channels below.
We have some valuable information about fingerprint readability in our post from last month. You can check it out by following this link: Are your fingerprints readable? | Samsung Customer... - Samsung Members
Feel free to explore the post, and if you have any questions or need further clarification, don't hesitate to ask. Our community is here to assist and share knowledge with you!
Stay connected with us for more insightful content and exciting discussions. We're grateful to have you as an active member of our community, PUFFY_AmiYumi. 🌟✨
Hey there, PUFFY_AmiYumi! You might want to recalibrate your fingerprints if your scanner is not working properly. 😊 On the other hand, if you want to adjust your screen's touch sensitivity, you can do so by following these steps: Go to Settings > Display > Turn on Touch Sensitivity
If your fingerprint issue still persists, please do let us know!
Hi PUFFY_AmiYumi! If the issue still persists, then I would suggest taking it to a nearby service center. We made it easy for to book an appointment straight from your Samsung Members app, right under the Support tab. 😊