Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Touch Problem

(Topic created on: 02-25-2022 05:23 PM)
Charles52
Active Level 3
Options
Support
Hi, I'm experiencing touch issues on my Galaxy A52. The touch doesn't respond well- wait I can't explain it clearly so here's a situation.

For example, when I scroll through my files, while my finger is still swiping, it acts as if I tapped a file even I was still doing a swipe gesture. Resulting in a file or video is opened even if I did not make a tap action.

I already rebooted my phone, reset the settings, wiped my phone screen clean but the problem still exists.

How do I fix it? Please help :(
0 Likes
7 Comments
Josshhhh
Active Level 3
Support
Go to settings and go to display. Turn on touch sensitivity Screenshot_20220226-104603_Settings.png
0 Likes
Charles52
Active Level 3
Support
Hi, touch sensitivity on my settings is already turned on even before this problem has occured.
0 Likes
juliebeee
Active Level 4
Support
Try the stouch screen diagnostic here in sasmung members. Maybe it would help
Charles52
Active Level 3
Support
Hi, thanks for the tip. I tried doing the touch test. As you can see on my screenshot, as I glide my finger through the screen, there's some moments where it breaks. This explains why I always ended up accidentally opening threads on Twitter even I was only scrolling through the tweets.Screenshot_20220228-220817_HwModuleTest.jpg
0 Likes
juliebeee
Active Level 4
Support
I see. Better have it checked asap baka pwede pa gawan ng paraan at maayos 👍🏻
0 Likes
Charles52
Active Level 3
Support
Update: so I did a touch test on my phone, I was just smoothly gliding my finger through the screen. As you can see, there are some moments where the line breaks. Registering it as a "tap".Screenshot_20220228-220817_HwModuleTest.jpg
0 Likes
Members_BMpTYPr
Beginner Level 2
Support

Well. Playing with A54 and see all these problems. And it is pretty easy to explain how to reproduce. when you scroll something and then tap (trying to open something)  while the scrolling process is still finishing - it will ignore the touch. I also tested it on S21 in Costco shop - the same result. This is something Samsung broke in the system and this bug exists in all One UI devices. No way to eliminate it, just do micro-pauses between scrolling and touching. The same problem with rapid scrolling back and forth. It doesn't go smooth, but stutter. 

It is shame that Samsung cannot implement proper scrolling in they android customization, especially taking in account that scrolling-tapping in vanilla android OS is perfectly fine. They just broke it and keep it (And I presume this bug was introduced when they tried to hide(as it was hardware issue) ghost touches a long time ago.

0 Likes