Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Touch trouble due to moisture or less dirt

(Topic created on: 09-25-2022 08:18 PM)
Rendellsibal
Active Level 4
Options
Support

My samsung a8 SM-A530F/DS is sometimes failed to response my input if my hands have any dirts of moisture... This is only happen to this device due to glass type, but in my samsung galaxy j7+ , even my hands is so moist or dirts, the touch still responding. Also my samsung a8 has no screen protector. So I have to ask this following that can help me resolve this issue

1. What kind of screen glass is built in this device?

2. Any recommendation to my fingers to reduce this issue? Than other device?

3. This device need screen/tempered glass to prevent this issue?

0 Likes
5 Comments
Support
screen protection should be fine
0 Likes
Support
check touch sensitivityScreenshot_20220926-113132_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Support

Have you tried registering your finger twice and see if this will help? 

0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Support
The OP is having an issue with the Touch screen, not the fingerprint sensor. And the Galaxy A8 (SM-A530F) has a fingerprint sensor in the back, not the screen.
0 Likes
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Support

Hello Rendellsibal,

Thank you for bringing out to us the issue of your Samsung Galaxy A8 difficulty responding when it comes to touching its screen with a dirt or moisture while your Samsung Galaxy J7 has not any problem responding.

We understand what you are feeling right now, a little bit anxious on how these two devices behave differently when it comes to touching screen displays.

Don't worry, we are here to help, provide quick fixes, and offer solutions to your worries.

A) Below is the comparative table between Samsung Galaxy A8 & Samsung J7+.

Items Samsung Galaxy A8 Samsung J7+
Display Type Super AMOLED Super AMOLED
Display Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 4 Gorilla 2 Glass multi-touch
Preferred Protector Screen Protector Screen Protector

B) Recommendation and quick ways on how to fix touchscreen issues.

If the Touch sensitivity setting is turned on when no protective film is used, the touchscreen may respond too sensitively and therefore malfunction. To disable the Touch sensitivity feature, navigate to Settings, tap Display, and then tap the switch next to Touch sensitivity to turn it off.

Certain factors may affect how well the touchscreen on your device performs. Please keep the following in mind when using the touchscreen:

• If a third-party screen protector or accessory is attached, the touchscreen may not work properly. In particular, it may not work well if there is dust or air under the protector, if two or more protective films are attached to the screen, or if the protective film is peeling near the edge of the screen.
  • If the screen is wet, the touch sensor may not work properly. Even for waterproof models, some touch functions may not work if the product is used in water.

C) For further assistance, you may contact us on the online Samsung support channels below.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/contact/#onlinesupport  

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

D) And / or contact our Samsung direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
84222111 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00AM to 8:00PM)

E) If the issue persists, you may bring your Samsung Galaxy devices to Samsung Authorized Service Center nearest you.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/ 

Hope this content helpful and your problem gets solved.

0 Likes