Did you mean: 

Original topic:

WARNING: Camera Failed‼️ Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Camera app Error

(Topic created on: 03-27-2023 10:32 AM)
chckenjoy
Active Level 1
Options
Support
I can't use rear camera on the default Samsung Camera App. It started a few days back when the error keeps popping up just before One UI update 5.1. I have no problem using the rear cam with other apps like Messenger, Instagram, Tiktok and any other apps. 

I already tried everything I read online and on the support page of the Samsung website: 
- Cleared cache & data for Camera app & Gallery app
- Reset camera settings
- Wipe cache partition
- Restart phone
- Start in SAFE MODE (but the error still happens there)
& last but certainly not the least (most hassle solution listed): 
- FACTORY RESET 

but still the error did not go away and I still can't use the Camera app (if in rear setting). 

I am now using Open Camera because I still need to use my cam but IT'S NEVER THE SAME. 🥺🥺🥺 

If anyone can help me please? 

THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

0 Likes
10 Comments
Tolitz24
Active Level 3
Support
So the problem occured even before updating to latest version?
chckenjoy
Active Level 1
Support
I am not so sure if the phone was already updated to 5.1 last March 22 (the day the error happened), or not yet. But there was a pending OS update notification that day.

But yes, the error occured before I updated the OS to the latest version.
0 Likes
Tolitz24
Active Level 3
Support
What is your current OS version?
chckenjoy
Active Level 1
Support
I think it's 5.1Screenshot_20230328_082903_Software update_1000006770_1679963504.jpg
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Support
It still occurred even before and after updating and factory reset? Does it only happen in the default Camera app? Does it happen on the front camera?
chckenjoy
Active Level 1
Support
Yes, the error still appears and the app force closes even after update and factory reset. The front camera works fine. The error only appears when I switch to rear cam. 🥺

I also checked SAFE MODE, and the error still happens. Screenshot_20230322_231132_Camera.jpg
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Support
Try to downgrade thr OS version using Odin.
chckenjoy
Active Level 1
Support
Thanks! Researching now how to do this.
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Support

Hi chckenjoy,

I'm sorry to hear that after exhausting your DIY options, you still haven't found a fix. I'd like to commend you for your effort, well done! 

Our techs at your nearest Samsung Service Center will be able to solve this issue for you. I recommend heading there to get your device fixed right!

You have two options:

1) Book an appointment through Samsung Members by tapping Support > Book an appointment.
2) Send us a message on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram (with screenshots of your post) so we can help forward you to the right care.

Hopefully you find the time to visit soon. We want to fix this for you!