Please Note: The information on this page is for Australian products only. Models, sequences, error codes or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
To maintain fresh and clean air, it is recommended to clean the air conditioner filter and upper cover every two weeks. Please check the type of air conditioner and filters you have before starting the cleaning process.
The video guide below is for Samsung wall-mounted air conditioners that have the Easy Filter Plus and the PM 1.0 filter.
For a guide on cleaning a multi-type air conditioner filter, please click here. And for a wall-mount air conditioner without the Easy Filter Plus and PM1.0 Filter, please find a cleaning guide here.
Easy Filter Plus and PM 1.0 Filter
A wall-mounted air conditioner with Easy Filter Plus contains:
- Easy Filter Plus (free filter)
A wall-mounted air conditioner with PM 1.0 Filter contains:
- PM 1.0 Filter
Note: Clean the filters every two weeks or when the CF (filter-cleaning reminder) appears on the indoor unit display.
Before beginning to detach the filters, press ensure that the indoor unit is powered off. Turn off the device and unplug the power cord.
- Available technologies and functions may vary depending on the country, service provider, network environment, or product.
- Images on this content may vary depending on the device model you have.
Detach the filters
[Wall-mounted air conditioner with Easy Filter Plus]
Step 1. Slightly press the hinges until you hear a clicking sound.
Step 2. Slowly lift the Easy Filter Plus.
[Wall-mounted air conditioner with PM 1.0 Filter]
Step 1. Slightly press the hinges until you hear a clicking sound and lift the indoor unit cover.
Step 2. Use the strut to hold the unit cover up.
Step 3. Gently remove the Pre-Filter from the indoor unit.
Step 4. Slightly press the front of the PM 1.0 Filter and take it out.
Step 5. Please note that the inside surface of the PM 1.0 Filter is sharp, so be careful not to cut your fingers.
Step 6. Now, all filters should be detached.
Dust and clean the filters
Click to Collapse
If the filters are covered with excessive dust, use a vacuum cleaner or brush to remove it.
- Soak the filters in lukewarm water and leave them for about 30 minutes after adding neutral detergent.
- Rinse the filters under running water. If necessary, use a soft brush to remove excess dust.
- Dry the filters in a well-ventilated shaded area. Keep the filter out of direct sunlight.
- Ensure the filters are completely dry, otherwise they may smell bad when inserted back into the air conditioner.