Original topic:

Firmware updated despite auto update turned off

(Topic created on: 03-24-2023 08:02 AM)
JayC7
Active Level 1
Options
TV & Audio

Why and how did the firmware on my S95B tv update itself despite the Auto Update setting being off?

This is unacceptable. 

I only update my firmware when I am ready and certain it doesn't introduce any negative effects.

My TV was calibrated on firmware 1304 and now it's on 1430. Which has thrown the calibration right off.

The TV is no where near the same and I can visually see it is dimmer and colours are duller on 1430.

As I said, this is unacceptable. The cost of a professional calibrator is now wasted. 

How are you going to fix this Samsung?

0 Likes
6 Comments
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
TV & Audio

Hello @JayC7

I am sorry that you are having this issue.
I would really like to look into this for you. If you could send an email with the below information filled out, through to members.au@samsung.com I will have this issue escalated for you.

Subject Title: SamsungClaudette - Firmware updated despite auto update turned off <----Please post this in the Email Subject as well as your community handle.

Name

Email

Contact Number

Preferred Call Back Time

8am – 5pm

State of residence

Model

Serial Number

Product Issue

Trouble Shooting Provided

• Cold reboot
  • Restart
  • Factory Reset

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

JayC7
Active Level 1
TV & Audio

SamsungClaudette,

go ahead and share the resolution here, so everyone else can benefit from the fix.

0 Likes
Icelite
Active Level 6
TV & Audio
Also in the fine print there is a provision for most products to be able to force updates of deemed necessary by the manufacturer.
0 Likes
JayC7
Active Level 1
TV & Audio

FW 1430 seems to also have a persistent "Screen optimising" message bug. The message comes up about the screen optimiser running the next time the tv is turned off. 

Except, the message never goes away, and continually pops to just to spam the owner, over and over.

I see FW 1445 is now out. I wonder what else it breaks.

FW1403 was a complete disaster of a firmware that broke Game Mode. 

FW1420 was a bandaid fix that broke EOTF tracking. 

So if Samsung is going to force updates on their customers, you'd better make sure it doesn't break any features, it doesn't change image quality for the worse, and give us the ability to downgrade the firmware !!

No other product manufacturer does this with forced firmware updates. It's a bug, or are Samsung being tyrants?

9David1
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

Hi!
Is there any solution to your problem? I bought this tv end of March and it was on firmware 1310.

I turned off auto update and even so it updated itself.

0 Likes
JayC7
Active Level 1
TV & Audio

@9David1,

which problem are you asking about specifically?

0 Likes