Original topic:

Samsung UA43CU8000WXXY Not retaining Streaming server

(Topic created on: 01-28-2024 11:39 AM)
samsungtvboy
Active Level 1
Options
TV & Audio

So I have a brand new Samsung UA43CU8000WXXY TV with the latest firmware version 1310.3

Anyway I have a streaming server (Universal Media Server) app on my desktop pc, which I use to stream to the tv. 

In the tv, in the connected services I add the UMS server to the home page list icons.

Anyway the server all works and I can watch content, however after I turn the tv off. The UMS icon disappears and I have to add it again.

This does not happen with the other Samsung tv I have the BU8000, the icon remains after a power off.

I also tested another streaming app eg serviio and the same thing happens.

I'm not going to bother calling Samsung support, because they will have no idea what I'm talking about or how to fix it.

So is there any support online here who can pass on this firmware issue, so its fixed in the next release.

3 Comments
samsungtvboy
Active Level 1
TV & Audio

no samsung support here? 

0 Likes
samsungtvboy
Active Level 1
TV & Audio

so i've narrowed down the issue only when the tv is connected via ethernet..whilst on wifi, it retains the dlna server

0 Likes
samsungtvboy
Active Level 1
TV & Audio

i ended up returning this tv and exchanged it for a du7700 series, which has fixed the problem.

samsung support was terrible and should really be put on notice by ACCC. I had samsung repair come out, and they reproduce the problem, acknowledged the problem exists, replaced the main board, which didnt fix the problem, then left. Even provided me with a copy that there is a fault.

But then samsung turned around and said there is no fault. what a pathetic company.

0 Likes