Original topic:

The Frame 65" (2021) really poor motion issues

(Topic created on: 10-28-2021 05:09 PM)
Dasher_54
Active Level 1
Options
TV & Audio

Picture quality improved marginally with firmware update 1805.4, but the so called 200mhz screen refresh is a huge fail

watch any sport or actions movies results in blurred action, smearing this TV is so bad for action or sports viewing

My 10yr old Samsung AU8000 55" 100mhz TV leave this new one for dead, I use this for any actions or sport viewing 

I have tried all combinations of settings and can not improve on this issue, please advise how or what can be done.,

7 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
TV & Audio

Hi @Dasher_54, I am sorry to hear of the issues you've had with playing content on your TV. Are you able to provide the model number, and clarify which source your content is playing from? 

E.g free-to-air, streaming services etc.

0 Likes
Dasher_54
Active Level 1
TV & Audio

thank you for the response the model is The frame 65" 2021

Model: QA65LS03AAWXY

Software: 1805.4

all sources have the same issues reported with watching any sport or actions movies results in blurred action, smearing this TV is so bad for action or sports viewing wether its HD content or 4K content smearing of action, bluring motion, its a really bad experience, I have tried all setting available and online setting found on the internet none make a noticeable difference.

As mention 10yr old Samsung AU8000 55" 100mhz TV does a far better and near perfect job of sport and action, far better this new one 65" 2021 Frame TV, I note that many online review have also stated this issue with this model

0 Likes
Dasher_54
Active Level 1
TV & Audio

It makes no difference what the source is that I'm viewing moving issues for sport and actions are very poor experience, I also loose access to the channel information display and the centre enter function of the remote will not allow access to channel info, this is intermittent and occurs many times an hour and no its not my internet connection, I see other users have also experienced the same issue.  looks like to me bugs in the firmware.

0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
TV & Audio

Hi @Dasher_54, thank you the additional information. Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Picture clarity settings (auto / custom)

2. Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Apply picture Settings > All sources

If the issue persists after this, please send through an email with the following details:

To: members.au@samsung.com

Subject: SamsungLaura - The Frame 65' screen motion after firmware update.

Detail: Your name, phone number, address, attach a short video of the issue. 

0 Likes
Bud65
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

Hi - I have a 2022 65 inch frame TV and watching live sport like World Cup soccer is disastrous in terms of picture quality for a TV of this quality and cost. I’ve changed all the motion settings, I need some help to work out how I can improve the picture quality for action sports. Wide angle view of the field is awful, slightly better on player close ups. For viewing everything else like movies, artwork, other shows it’s perfect. But I agree with OP that my 20-year-old Sony runs rings around this new TV for sports picture quality. Please advise a way forward and also how one updates the firmware to see if this helps. Thank you

0 Likes
SamsungErika
Community Manager
Options
TV & Audio

Hi @Buds65,

Sorry to hear you that you are having poor experiences with your Frame TV.

I would advise you to try and update your TV's firmware if it isn't already up to date.

Please follow the link to see how to update your TV here.

0 Likes
Members_LoQsvjN
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

Hi,

I just bought 65 inch frame tv a week ago and watching live cricket on Kayo has really poor frame refresh rates.

As Dasher mentioned, fast moving motions are blurry e.g bowl moving, player moving fast. With this cost I guess it an absolutely joke.

My 15 year basic kpgan tv work great with live sports and chrome streaming.

0 Likes