Original topic:

THE FRAME Shame and One Connect Box 'Hard Reset'

(Topic created on: 10-29-2023 05:28 AM)
AyeJay
Beginner Level 4
Options
TV & Audio

Hello Samsung Community,

Yet another dissatisfied The Frame user. I bought the QA32LS03BBWX (32" FHD THE FRAME QLED TV) for   $645.00 AU  on Feb 24th 2023.  During the last two weeks of October, The Lame screen has been flickering to black and then loosing power.  Upon disconnecting the power from the UnQuick Connect Box, and then getting the system back up  - it screened local TV for about 10 minutes then it died again. After doing this multiple times over the week, I have noticed that the QuickCon Cable is getting very hot and you need to plug the connector into the box 'just right' for the TV to power on.. although the TV will shut off after a few minutes if I am lucky. 

A day later I used the end of the Quick Connect Cable that was plugged into the TV - and plugged that into the Quick Cut box, and yes the TV did work for a few hours that day!  Marvelous I thought to myself, surely the wonderful people at Samsung would just replace my Quickly Cable with no fuss right?  However, after logging into this website and reading some of the experiences customers have been having with this particular model of Samsmug TV - I am not so sure..  At any rate I can offer some feedback and hope to get the TV fixed under my 1 year limited warranty  =3   . I hope..

The Frame is a poorly designed TV. Mains Power should be fed directly to the TV with the proper rated power cabling - and the TV should not be receiving 2nd hand power through these thin little voltage bus wires.. the amperage being drawn through this 'quick connect' plug is too great and is causing the circuit to deteriorate very quickly. The QuickKilled Box itself is getting way too hot, and without adequate cooling, it won't take long for its over-current protections to kick into a Shut-off Condition. Now I'm quite certain that my Quasi Connect Box and Skinny Lynn Cable are cooking themselves slowly, cause defects that cant supply the TV with good signal and clean power.  Bad Samsung.. very bad - you should know better than that. 

CAN I PLEASE GET A REFUND ON THIS TV?!  Before it becomes E-Waste, its useless without that stupid crappy box..
Thanks,
Aye_Jay

0 Likes
5 Comments
Troubadour
Active Level 10
TV & Audio
Also Google about Australian warranty regulations which are more extensive than Samsung's. Google "not fit for purpose".
0 Likes
TV & Audio
Sorry to hear you ended up with what sounds like a faulty cable/tv.

I've got 2 The Frame TVs and personally love the thin single cable- makes the whole room much tidier.

That said, I've not had any of the issues you've described, so I can't imagine how frustrating it'd be. Hopefully they sort it out soon!
El3ctric
Active Level 5
TV & Audio

I've had my Frame TV since 2019 and I have had no issues at all. I love the single cable design with the connect box. Works great.

SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
TV & Audio

Hey @AyeJay 

I am sorry that you are having this issue. Have you contacted my team yet? 

0 Likes
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

Hi samsung i need your help with an issue i have with tv its an qe55q85rat it goes on and off repeatly to logo and blank screen the one connect box clicks when tv is about to turn on can u give me a solution i checked the invisible lead no kinks our damage on wire can u get back to me please our is time to dump it my email dexteralanwebb955@gmail.com 

0 Likes