Original topic:

TV doesn't turn on

(Topic created on: 03-11-2024 09:25 PM)
Stanley4
Beginner Level 2
Options
TV & Audio

I have a Samsung Series 5 TV - UA40J5100 which now doesn't turn on. The red light turns on and blinks when I press the remote power button, when I press the power button on the back of the TV the red light turns off and doesn't turn back on. Before this event the TV would turn on and stay on for a few minutes and then turn off and then immediately back on. This happened for one day and then came to it's present situation, where it doesn't turn on. During this one day event the TV did turn off and the red light would blink - this happened twice or three times, which I understand may indicate a power problem. 

I have checked the cable, factory reset, changed power outlets, removed the surge protector, it's not a smart tv so isn't receiving interference from anything and removed the cover and checked the power board with no obvious signs of broken parts. 

I'm assuming the power board in the TV is broken which will need replacing if I choose to fix it. Am I correct? Any advice would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
0 Comments