Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Using Plex on samsung smart TV

(Topic created on: 04-10-2023 12:50 PM)
Chrissamsung1944
Active Level 1
Options
TV & Audio

I have been using Plex on my QNAP NAS to stream videos to my Samsung Smart TV for years now with no problems. Yesterday I tried to watch a video on my Samsung Smart TV with the  Plex app and received the message "Not enough CPU for conversion of this item".

I received this message for every video I tried to play - I had previously played them all with no problems. I updated the Plex app on my NAS, updated the app on my TV and updated my TV operating system but the problem still remains. I can watch all videos using the appropriate Plex app on my mac computer and on my ipad. Can anyone  help please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TV & Audio

Thanks for your reply.

I have found a solution - I had to update my TV OS (again) do a factory reset, then reload all my apps including Plex and the problem has gone away. I dont know what caused the problem initially but I hope it is now fixed.

View solution in context

3 Comments
Appuwa
Beginner Level 4
TV & Audio
Your error means there's an issue with transcoding the item. TV was trying to transcode your video file from their end.

As you've mentioned, a descent powerful CPU on a PC or a phone can do that.

I'm not sure if there's an option to enable transcoding on the host with Plex. I use Jellyfin (of course not on my TV) and it works like a charm with no issues.
0 Likes
Solution
TV & Audio

Thanks for your reply.

I have found a solution - I had to update my TV OS (again) do a factory reset, then reload all my apps including Plex and the problem has gone away. I dont know what caused the problem initially but I hope it is now fixed.

SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
TV & Audio

Hey @Chrissamsung1944

Thank you  for sharing your solution. 

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes