Original topic:

Help needed: Watch 4 cannot download Google Pay

(Topic created on: 04-29-2022 11:05 PM)
ekk0
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

Unboxed a brand new Galaxy Watch 4 tonight and can't install Google Pay! I have tried to install several times and no fixes online are helping. I will try and lay out everything I've tried so far. Google Pay is happily installed and in use on my Samsung S20 FE 5G (app version 2.143.434517044 - 17th Mar 2022). Australian purchased phone and watch from official Samsung store.

• On the watch > Play Store > Apps on your phone > Google Pay is not in the list
  • On the watch > Play Store > search for "Google Pay" and "Pay" not on list
  • On the phone > Galaxy Wearable > Apps Screen > Apps > Featured Apps > Google Pay (appears on this list!) > tapping takes me to Google Play Store but since the app is installed already, only gives the options to Uninstall or Open (Opens on phone)
    • Uninstalled Google Pay on my phone and reattempted from Galaxy Wearable, only installs on phone
  • Powered off watch for a few minutes > powered back on
  • Added lock pattern to watch
  • Galaxy Wearable > Tap on Watch Settings > Select Watch software update >  watch updated

• On Chrome browser laptop > Play Store > Google Pay says installed and available on both devices

ekk0_0-1651276002799.png

• I saw an article for another issue which suggested initial setup with Wear OS app instead of Wearable app but it seems like Wear OS app doesn't support GW4. 
  • Reset and set up watch again in Galaxy Wearable app.

Help or suggestions appreciated! Otherwise I'll be looking for a refund :(

EDIT: I forgot to mention I can't install Samsung Pay either because holding the bottom right watch button opens the Play Store on my phone and it says Samsung Pay (Watch Plug-In) but "This item is not available in your country" message. I checked my Play Store is Australia. Possibly a related issue. But I definitely want Google Pay over Samsung Pay.

0 Likes
7 Comments
Wearables
When I installed mine, there was a drop down on the install button, and it'd ask me if I wanted to install on both phone and watch.Screenshot_20220429-231227_Google Play Store_32428_1651237947.jpg
0 Likes
ekk0
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Thanks for  sharing! That's very strange, my Google Play App on phone doesn't have that drop down - the first section is "What's New". I logged into the Play Store on my laptop's chrome and it noted "available on all devices" including the watch so I don't know why it's not working.

I forgot to mention I can't install Samsung Pay either because holding the bottom right watch button opens the Play Store on my phone and it says Samsung Pay (Watch Plug-In) but "This item is not available in your country" message. I checked my Play Store is Australia. Possibly a related issue. But I definitely want Google Pay over Samsung Pay.

0 Likes
Wearables
Actually, is you watch Australian version or grey market?
0 Likes
Kombatsd
Active Level 6
Wearables
In recent months, apps won't download to the watch from the dropdown menu in Google store on the phone. It keeps saying installed and I have to keep installing updates on the watch itself through Google store.
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Wearables

Hi @ekk0, thanks for reaching out. You should be able to install Google Pay via the following:

1. Swipe up from the bottom of your watch face to access the app drawer on your Galaxy Watch.
  2. Scroll down until you see the Google Play store icon. Tap it.
  3. Tap on the search icon, enter Google Pay, and hit search.
  4. Tap on the 'Keyboard' icon on the right and search for 'Google'
  5. Google Pay should be listed among the top results. Tap on it, and then tap Install.
0 Likes
JintoJohn
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Hi, i am from india. I do not have Google pay in my Samsung watch 4. It is not listed in the Google play.

0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Wearables

Hi @JintoJohn, thanks for reaching out. I am unsure why Google Pay does not work on your device but it may be related to regional limitations. 

I suggest contacting Samsung India for official confirmation.

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/contact/ 

0 Likes